96.5 AMP WZMP flips to AC As "Today's 96.5" - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 96.5 AMP WZMP flips to AC As "Today's 96.5"

I still remember when 96.5 was Wired a few years ago. How many times has the station changed format since then?

Quote Originally Posted by KML-224 View Post
    I still remember when 96.5 was Wired a few years ago. How many times has the station changed format since then?
    This is the 2nd time. CBS flipped it to CHR formatted AMP. Then they flipped it to AC yesterday.

Between songs I've heard More announced themselves as "Today's 101.1 More FM. Better Variety and fewer commercials." That is the same as Today's 96.5 in which they say "better variety, fewer commercials." Definitely trying to keep the listeners away from 96.5.
    Last edited by richt1014; 01-06-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richt1014 View Post
    Between songs I've heard More announced themselves as "Today's 101.1 More FM. Better Variety and fewer commercials." That is the same as Today's 96.5 in which they say "better variety, fewer commercials." Definitely trying to keep the listeners away from 96.5.
    101.1 More FM also added Today's to their logo on there website
    http://natedoggsairchecks.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by richt1014 View Post
    I know I would. They made it kind of easy to appropriate the name.

This new format is going to prove to be a total loser. This is Mix 95.7 (remember them?) and Now 97.5 all over again!!! These dopey corporate radio ownership groups refuse to learn from others' mistakes!!!

Philadelphia seldom has supported more than two AC/Hot AC/Modern AC formatted stations at the same time. In the instances where three such stations existed, both the second and third place stations in that genre have sported mediocre ratings, or the second place station has had OK ratings and the third place station has had terrible ratings.

WBEB and WISX have the space completely covered. WBEB's audience is very loyal; WISX doesn't have a big audience (I'm talking AQH listening, not cume) to target to begin with.

What if they do just enough to pull some listeners for some periods away from More. Does that help WOGL at all? Does that make it worth the potentially low-cost risk? It's not like they traded away a raging success to take the gamble. I think there's, overall, a better cluster play for CBS (as it currently stands) to go this route and see how it works compared to where then-Greater Media was previously. The gamble might not work, but if the risk-reward ratio looks appealing, I can understand rolling the dice.

I wonder once the most wonderful time of the year rolls around again who will take Rudoplh's reins- WOGL or 96.5? Which will be more viable to keep in their regular format?

96.5 was once WWDB, one of the best talk stations ever. Nice mix of liberal and conservative hosts. That's the last time I listened to the station. How many formats have they had since they switched in 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by Jstnpspck View Post
    I wonder once the most wonderful time of the year rolls around again who will take Rudoplh's reins- WOGL or 96.5? Which will be more viable to keep in their regular format?
    I was wondering the same thing. If 96.5 takes over then I wouldn't be surprise if they switch in early November to get people's attention and to try to knock More down a peg.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast