WJQS 1400 a. m.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WJQS 1400 a. m.

WJQS 1400 a. m.

Today (Wednesday, the 4th), this station has been broadcasting sports talk program. I suppose this change is permanent. When did this start? I know that it was since Sunday.

Surprising that Alpha would put a sports/talker on the air with ESPN 105.9 FM in that same cluster... I did like Colin Cowherd back though.

--- Casual Observer

I hate that they dropped the oldies music. I think they picked up Fox Sports - I've heard Dan Patrick and Colin Cowherd the past few days. If I'm not mistaken, Bryan Eubank is doing a live show along with Jackson Academy sports.

RFB

Exclamation

WJQS' new format is CBS Sports Radio. The station's new nickname is The Fan.

Listen: http://tunein.com/radio/Oldies-1400-s30477/

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    Surprising that Alpha would put a sports/talker on the air with ESPN 105.9 FM in that same cluster... I did like Colin Cowherd back though.

--- Casual Observer
    I just discovered this format change today. I knew something was weird when I heard Rich Eisen this afternoon. But given that 1400 is carrying Jackson Academy sports and Alabama football, it seems like a natural to change to sports. Still odd for them to compete against themselves.

If they're carrying Cowturd, I'm assuming they're not carrying Jim Rome. Rome is on middays on CBS Sports Radio at the same time as Colin.
    Last edited by golden eagles97; 01-06-2017 at 09:19 PM.

The 100.9 FM translator just went silent in Meridian. I think it is air marked for this station.
    WLYB FM
    96.3 Demopolis AL.
    100.5 Meridian Mississippi.

WRYC FM
    92.5 Frisco City/Monroeville

Quote Originally Posted by rfburns View Post
    I hate that they dropped the oldies music.

RFB
    I know what you mean.....if only there was a good oldies station in Jackson.........

Not only is Alpha Media competing against themselves, but it's likely both will play the Alabama-Clemson game Monday since ESPN Radio will broadcast the game, and 1400 is an Alabama affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearshift Gary View Post
    I know what you mean.....if only there was a good oldies station in Jackson.........
    Agreed. There's a casual observer on these boards that used to have an oldies station. I'd be great if they'd go back.

I agree with all of the above comments about the lack of a good oldies station. 780 a.m. was excellent when it played the oldies, and then the same oldies announcers were heard on the 92.9 f. m. station in Hazlehurst. 780 later aired the Music of Your Life. That too was very good! Either 780 or 930 a. m. should play these oldies again or the Music of Your Life again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast