Any Word on a New Alternative Format? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any Word on a New Alternative Format?

I'd be curious to see how Star did by the demos. I wouldn't be surprised if Star did better in the money demo despite being down 0.5 6+. It almost certainly did better with women.

Quote Originally Posted by jefffwd View Post
    Too bad for them they can't play Christmas music year round. LOL!
    It wasn't so much that they did play Christmas music, but what they didn't play (commercials).
    Idiots abound!

Ouch again... still at 2.8 despite all the TV ads featuring Maroon 5 and Michael Jackson. http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...7&e=6e4323d397

Quote Originally Posted by jefffwd View Post
    Ouch!

This came out today... From left to right... Dec 2016 Holiday 2016 January 2017

KDGE-FM
    Alternative (not anymore but I guess there is no category for crap) :-)
    3.3 7.7 2.8

Too bad for them they can't play Christmas music year round. LOL!

I also think that this is JACK's first time as high as #6.

Dallas-Ft. Worth (#5)
    SUBSCRIBER
    FORMAT
    DEC 16
    HOL 16
    JAN 17
    KPLX-FM
    Country
    KHKS-FM
    Pop CHR
    KLUV-FM
    Classic Hits
    KZPS-FM
    Classic Rock
    KLNO-FM
    Mexican Regional
    KJKK-FM
    Adult Hits

yeah, Iheart went with the wrong format for 102.1 after the flip from the Edge. i bet if this format fails, they should give a Country music format a try in this market to challenge the Cumulus DFW country monopoly and also the rimshot country stations across the listening area.

i wonder if the new format has better ratings then the Edge in it's final months not counting the first few months aka give it a chance phase of a format change (Late November-late February) as they were going from alternative rock to Christmas music to the permanent real format of AC.

The wife liked Star initially but quickly found it extremely repetitious, said its basically the same 50 songs over and over. As far as I know she went back to KLAK.

Successful existing Alternative stations will likely stay with the format. But owners are not compelled to start new Alternative stations.
    Makes me wonder what on earth Cumulus was thinking when they launched a new alternative station in Kansas City last year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234