• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

All I Need Now

R.D.P.

Star Participant
Is an EAS device with the CAP Converter. If you or know of anyone that has one they want to get rid of or donate, let me know.

This is Dan from Jesus Radio Selma Alabama and I approve of this message.

Now building the radio station. Hope to be on by late January 2017.

Dan <><

Dan....
Your call sign (minus the "-LP"....) used to belong to a big Providence, RI rocker --- at one time known as "JB-105", IIRC.....
Wish I could help with the EAS-to-CAP converter issue......I'm still trying to scope out a TFT 3220 myself!!:(
Good Luck!

Now looking only for the CAP Converter. Fixing to get the EAS Device. If anyone reading has one or can help me get it, let me know.

Dan <><

P.S. Once I get the CAP Converter and all the donations come through, we can start building. Hope to begin next week and be on by the end of January.

An update...The EAS Device is an Old Grey Sage.

Last edited:
I suspect you are better off to start fresh with a new Sage or DAS-DEC box. The only CAP converter I know if is the Gorman-Redlich box. A lot of LPFM's got those, but many are sorry now. The FCC changed the EAS rules a few months ago, and it questionable if the unit is still compliant. Gorman asked the FCC for a waiver to make it compliant, but I think that was denied. In any case, EAS compliance is a moving target. The FCC keeps changing their requirements. It's a good bet, they will do it again. Making old stuff work may ultimately be an exercise in futility. If you get it into compliance for today, it may not be tomorrow.

AFAIK the Sage (at least the 1822) is NOT compliant (the last software update was around 2011, IIRC.....)...
The TFT EAS 911 IS still compliant, from what I've heard....a "matching" 3220 EAS-to-CAP converter is virtually non-existent!!:(
Chuck's advice is spot on -- IF you can swing the $$....TFT is, of course, no longer in business, so even if their equipment is compliant...if it "goes west", you're dealing with third-party repairs..
EAS is one of those "necessary evils"....budgeting the money for NEW -- NOW -- could save a bundle down the road.... Good Luck, Dan!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom