• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any News Here Or Is The Site Dead?

MetroMuscle

Frequent Participant
Last post over 1 month ago. Is terrestrial radio an afterthought now? Past Decembers always had threads about what stations are streaming Christmas music and what not.

Not sure if other market sites on here are having a slowdown in postings or not.
Chime in with any thoughts.

WRXB has a new transmitter and is back on the air..................(mostly, still some kinks to work out I guess)
WTIS AM has a translator but its coming off because the towers overloaded........

Translators popping up everywhere, I am surprised they don't generate any buzz here

ummm I think thats all

Translators popping up everywhere, I am surprised they don't generate any buzz here

Tampa is a geographically large market, so a translator has less probability of making any buzz-like noises.

Power 100 Wypw-lp out of Brandon moved from 99.9 to 90.1 on Friday calling themselves power 90.1. Other than that, nothing else with the station has changed including coverage area.

I am so bummed out about this Low Power station at 90.1. I used to be able to hear WUFT from Inverness and WGCU North Fort Myers on this frequency. And now just more of the same bad radio.

And now that WUSF is moving Science Friday to 7 PM WUFT is the only way to hear it live (and they carry both hours).

You know, 90.1 is not too bad. I have heard them play specialty shows at times. They also have the DJ Mo show which is really cool.

Thanks, Austin! Always great to hear from a fan!
Yes, I am currently on Sunday nights 8pm-12am on WYPW Power 90.1!

Some quick updates that i noticed in the past few weeks and just today in the radio world of Tampa. Money Talk 1010 WHFS has been on a translator over on 103.1 for a few months now and today i noticed it also over on 92.1 w221dw which is a good coverage area over the heart of Tampa. The next thing was w275az 102.9 here in south Tampa has finally made the switch over to 970 WFLA after being with the other 3 translators of thunder and throwback for many years. I think this will last longer here than it did over on 105.9 when they tried it once.

Some quick updates that i noticed in the past few weeks and just today in the radio world of Tampa. Money Talk 1010 WHFS has been on a translator over on 103.1 for a few months now and today i noticed it also over on 92.1 w221dw which is a good coverage area over the heart of Tampa. The next thing was w275az 102.9 here in south Tampa has finally made the switch over to 970 WFLA after being with the other 3 translators of thunder and throwback for many years. I think this will last longer here than it did over on 105.9 when they tried it once.

Thanks for all the info; will have to check 92.1 and 102.9 next time I go through Tampa.

Across the bay in Saint Petersburg, 97.5 is now broadcasting WTMP AM 1150; there is some static on 4th St N and 38th Ave N and points south, static and the occasional cut in of WPCV 97.5; also the 90.1 LPFM really gets the mileage in their coverage, it used to be that 90.1 in S.E. South Petersburg was either WJUF out of Inverness or WGCU out of Fort Myers depending on which way the wind was blowing; now it's neither but alway the LPFM out of the Brandon area.

On the AM band, with it's new tower location and null toward the south, WHBO 1040 has gone from a strong signal to mediocre during the day and at night it sounds like a distant station from S.E. SP and the USFSP area with plenty of fading and Cuban interference. Also WRXB 1590 for the last several months sounds as though they are about 150 watts day and night, instead of the 5,000 watts day and 1,000 watts night; not as bad as their previous problem, but something has to be wrong with their new or re-built transmitter.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom