• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WROR Wally Brine retiring

Well everyone is back from vacation, Wally is still retired, they are no longer running any old Wally bits. Except for Men from Maine. AND....it's still the Loren and Wally Morning Show. And... they are running a Live Like Wally contest whereby they are giving away a trip to Aruba next week (and you too can live like Wally) although, as far as I know, Wally isn't involved at all with any taped voiceovers or anything.

Thanks for the update.

The Loren and Wally show without Wally.
When Loren leaves they can call it the Loren and Wally show without Loren and Wally.

Perhaps this has potential to catch on with other stations.

When Matt Siegel finally hangs it up we can have Matty in the Morning without Matty.

Customarily, when a personality exits a station, either voluntarily or involuntarily, all vestiges of that person are "erased" from the station: website, commercials, imaging, bits, and especially show name! I just have to wonder what is going on here. Are they trying to "ease" Wally's voice and persona out of the imagery? Is this some kind of stunt? Or, perhaps they really don't know how to handle this?

Anyone have a theory?

Customarily, when a personality exits a station, either voluntarily or involuntarily, all vestiges of that person are "erased" from the station: website, commercials, imaging, bits, and especially show name! I just have to wonder what is going on here. Are they trying to "ease" Wally's voice and persona out of the imagery? Is this some kind of stunt? Or, perhaps they really don't know how to handle this?

Anyone have a theory?

I know another poster on this board have poo-pooed the value of Wally as "just another morning music jock"....but it goes to show how much they valued him....and that he didn't get shown the door.

They wanted him to stay longer.

I didn't listen last week while I was on vacation but I did listen this morning from roughly 840 to 920. More than a month after Wally retired, it's still the Loren and Wally Morning Show. They still talk about him. They still play Men From Maine. And everyone else (Lungboy, LBF and Hank) is still hanging with Loren.

Wally's been retired nearly two months now but it's still The Loren and Wally Morning Snow. And, this morning (Tuesday), Wally was live in the studio with the whole gang to talk about the SuperBowl. I was listening from roughly 7:40 to 8:15. Wally came on a few minutes before 8 and again after 8 a couple of times. I don't know how long he stayed and was on after that.

I realize that WROR/Beasley is not involved in the current goings-on between CBS Radio and (another company) but wouldn't it be funny if something happened and WROR changed hands and Wally UN-retired? Couldn't happen, could it? Nahhhhhhhhh!!

Wally is still retired but it's still the Loren and Wally Morning Show; they still play Men From Maine; they still play Wally and Loren & Wally voiceovers; and, they are running a Live Like Wally contest where you can win one of a few trips Wally (and wife Jodi) are taking since retiring. This morning, Wally called in live on the phone from Vancouver Island, Canada. It's unreal. It's almost as if he never left.

There is supposed to be an announcement Monday morning regarding "the future of Hank Morse".

Possibilities:

(1) Hank signed a new contract to remain with the station/company and they are just over-teasing it.
(2) Hank is leaving the station either entirely or moving to a sister station.
(3) Hank is being promoted and the morning show will become The Loren and Hank Morning Show. Until Loren leaves whenever his contract expires and it becomes The Hank Morse Morning Show.

I vote for #3. I'll be vacationing in Florida so someone make sure to listen in and let us know although whatever it is will probably be mentioned on their website anyway.

Thoughts?

There is supposed to be an announcement Monday morning regarding "the future of Hank Morse".

I'll be vacationing in Florida so someone make sure to listen in and let us know although whatever it is will probably be mentioned on their website anyway.

The big news is that Hank's oldest daughter is knocked up by her boyfriend and is with child.

Funny I remember a time when that was not something to be shouted from the rooftop.....

Boy how times have changed.

http://wror.com/2017/05/01/going-grandfather-hank/

Wow! Not what I would have expected for an announcement!

Wally was back for another visit live in the studio this morning. Unfortunately I didn't tune in until just before 9am when I heard Loren thanking him for coming in and Wally thanking them for having him. Wally sounded good for the 2 1/2 seconds I heard from him. :)

Yup, Wally was back for a visit this morning. During the time I was listening, the team was discussing/joking about all the sexual harassment issues going on. That is all.

Wally Brine has been retired for a year now. Wally still drops by every few months to say hi. They still do Men From Maine. It's still the Loren and Wally Morning Show with Loren, Hank, Lungboy, LBF...but not Wally.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom