Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KEJI 91.5 Darrington

AH, got it. Thank you GG.

I'm not sure what the arrangement is, 91.5 could be fed from Astoria, but it could also be fed from 93.7. I always thought that was how 99.5 was being fed.

I don't think so.

91.5 was not a translator and was in the non-com, reserved band. 93.7 is a commercial station, so it could not have been a source.

99.5 is owned by the owner of the Sedro-Woolley station. Aside from a familial connection, I don't know anything about how those two are set up or sourced.

If a station in the commercial band is non-commercial, it can feed a reserved band translator...an example: KHCB in Houston, TX at 105.7.

Quote Originally Posted by b-turner View Post
    If a station in the commercial band is non-commercial, it can feed a reserved band translator...an example: KHCB in Houston, TX at 105.7.
    And with KUOW Seattle 94.9/KQOW Bellingham 90.3
    My body is a temple; Ancient and crumbling. Probably cursed and haunted...

That's true. However, the 93.7 that Bongwater is referring to is not a non-commercial station. The Astoria station (KGIO) that is owned by the same company, is.

Oh, so 93.7 is being run commercially? I wasn't aware of that. I was under the impression that Everett's 99.5 was a relay of that station, you might be right about Astoria for 91.5 in Olympia.

Quote Originally Posted by Grounded Grid View Post
    That's true. However, the 93.7 that Bongwater is referring to is not a non-commercial station. The Astoria station (KGIO) that is owned by the same company, is.
    I referenced 94.9. not 93.7.
    My body is a temple; Ancient and crumbling. Probably cursed and haunted...

It was me that referenced 93.7.

I can independently confirm that KEJI is off the air- there seems to be no dead air transmitting on 91.5 in the Darrington area. The small antenna is still on that garage roof. What does come in through Darrington is KSQM Sequim and quite well at that. It was very listenable down Highway 530 through Darrington and beyond. That station really gets out!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234