KEJI 91.5 Darrington - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KEJI 91.5 Darrington

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    What a waste of a channel. I'd rather see 91.5 go off the air, or someone buy out the transmitter and turn it into a community radio station for Darrington and Oso - music, local information, weather, etc. like KVSH-LP on Vashon. Darrington has no local stations and most FM stations (besides Bellingham and some B.C. stations) are hit and miss out there.
    Victoria stations come in better in Darrington than Seattle or Vancouver stations.

I don't know if they still do it, but the local IGA once played KJR-FM over it's PA/music system, even though it hardly comes in there and you can hear the noisy multipathed mess in the aisles (it also ran a Safeway spot.) Personally, if I were manager, I'd at least set the radio on CIOC.
    Pro-Wrestling: A sport where people without pants fight for a belt.

Looks a little bit like a home made TV antenna.

Quote Originally Posted by valvashon View Post
    Drove through Darrington yesterday. 91.5 is still on with dead air, almost certainly from the garage featured in the photos earlier in this thread, given the signal strength as you drive by. Fun fact- their STA expired on February 2nd, not that they were silent anyway. If you are in the market for a transmitter, I would get (your own) transmitter just like this one, since it can apparently run for 2+ years with zero maintenance. That will keep your engineering costs down!

Val

Yah... I noted the STA expiration yesterday, while updating a raft-load of EAS boxes. I'll get ahold of them today about shutting off the transmitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grounded Grid View Post
    Yah... I noted the STA expiration yesterday, while updating a raft-load of EAS boxes. I'll get ahold of them today about shutting off the transmitter.
    Uh-huh. Because it worked so well back in November of 2016.

Val

Quote Originally Posted by valvashon View Post
    Uh-huh. Because it worked so well back in November of 2016.

Val
    Easy to throw rocks from your island, isn't it?

The people who went over there to remove the tower and failed amplifier didn't understand there was still equipment running out there, and none of the locals told them... and certainly not any of the drive-bys around here who were quick to put up pictures of the place and cluck about what irresponsible broadcasters they were.

With a few notable exceptions, you can find problems, inconsistencies and maybe even some outright ignorance at many stations. Feigned, self-righteous outrage fixes nothing.

In any case, they know now, so we'll see.
    Last edited by Grounded Grid; 05-31-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fordranger797 View Post
    Looks a little bit like a home made TV antenna.
    That's a standard low-power "ring-stub" FM transmit antenna, circular polarization. It's available from many manufacturers, on and off shore.
    KSWW (AC) "Sunny" 102.1-101.1 -- KJET (Hot AC) "The Jet" 105.7-93.1 -- KANY (Hot Country) "Bigfoot" 107.3 -- KBKW (NewsTalk) "The Talk of Grays Harbor" 1450-100.5 -- KSWW HD-2 (Classic Rock) "The Quake" 103.9 -- KSWW HD-3 "Timber Country" 94.7<br />Keeping radio locally-owned on the Washington Coast.<br />Still using a microphone - 6:10-7:00 am - www.kbkw.com

Today, I can report from first-hand knowledge that the station is but a memory, and should stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grounded Grid View Post
    Today, I can report from first-hand knowledge that the station is but a memory, and should stay that way.
    Yup. They look done.

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/pro...etter_id=85324
    Pro-Wrestling: A sport where people without pants fight for a belt.

Question to the thread. KEJI is supposedly the feeder for two translators- one in Everett and one in "Delphi" (Olympia.) I know for a fact the one in Everett is operating normally, as I was in S Everett yesterday and heard plenty of preaching in Spanish on 99.5. I don't know if the Olympia xlator is running programming or not. Wonder where the Everett translator is getting their programming?

They have a non-com in Astoria that can serve as the feeder for their non-com translators.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast