You want The Truth? You can't handle The Truth! - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: You want The Truth? You can't handle The Truth!

This thread has gone way off topic...guess no one saw that K233BU has an application into the FCC to relocate to Cougar Mountain and increase power to 0.099kW.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdavcav View Post
    Is evenings really that bad of a daypart, especially for new talent?
    In regard to the evening shift, it seems that the market doesn't really allow "new talent" into those evening positions anymore. If the position exists, it's going to be someone with a few years experience who will get it before they will consider letting anyone else in.

While that may be true, it sure seems like iHeart doesn't have that many evening positions as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by KXA View Post
    This thread has gone way off topic...guess no one saw that K233BU has an application into the FCC to relocate to Cougar Mountain and increase power to 0.099kW.
    SO I see that the 60dBu contour at Cougar seems to miss the COL of White Center, even at a throbbing 99 watts. I don't know how loose the xltr rules are...is this actually a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    But that's not what they're doing. In fact, Cumulus-owned radio stations like WMAL in DC are dropping syndicated talk shows like Savage for local hosts. Cumulus has never used any of the Westwood One 24/7 syndicated music formats on their stations. So no, that's exactly NOT what they're doing, and the new CEO is in fact giving local stations more autonomy for programming. And that includes their smallest markets.

Here's a piece of advice: Just because a company CAN do something doesn't mean they WILL. Back when Clear Channel started buying up hundreds of stations, the concern was they'd fire all their local staffs and program their stations from a few studios in San Antonio. That never happened. That company still has almost 10,000 employees. Instead, Sirius and XM each launched 100 satellite-delivered radio stations from a handful of studios, and then they merged to form a satellite monopoly. No one seems to be complaining about the centralized national programming at SiriusXM. But people thought the exact same thing was going to happen at OTA radio 15 years ago, and they keep repeating that same Chicken Little theory every year. The sky is falling. I felt it on my head!
    If only it were true. Cumulus uses O & O talent to air their Westwood One syndicated music formats in "near real time". The good news is that the "near real time" jocks are sounding pretty darn good, and we're hearing more "hit the post" song intros and relevant (but not local) content. In fact (and I listen to five of their formats every day), Westwood One is sounding better than ever since they did this.
    KSWW (AC) "Sunny" 102.1-101.1 -- KJET (Hot AC) "The Jet" 105.7-93.1 -- KANY (Hot Country) "Bigfoot" 107.3 -- KBKW (NewsTalk) "The Talk of Grays Harbor" 1450-100.5 -- KSWW HD-2 (Classic Rock) "The Quake" 103.9 -- KSWW HD-3 "Timber Country" 94.7<br />Keeping radio locally-owned on the Washington Coast.<br />Still using a microphone - 6:10-7:00 am - www.kbkw.com

Bill, do you know if the breaks for imaging on the Hot AC network have gotten longer? I'm really noticing on the Jet that there are some long breaks there that aren't always being filled by what imaging runs.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoCoyote View Post
    SO I see that the 60dBu contour at Cougar seems to miss the COL of White Center, even at a throbbing 99 watts. I don't know how loose the xltr rules are...is this actually a problem?
    There are quite a few spots in South Seattle where Cougar Mountain is line-of-sight.

I do know the FCC has warmed up to Longley-Rice predictions in determining coverage...so that would certainly show 60dBu covering White Center I'm sure...

Radio-X
    Proud to still be the least important paid worker in the Seattle/Tacoma media industry!

Not for use in MD, CT, NY, Cook County IL, HI, UT, PR, and where otherwise prohibited by law

You might want to tune in to KMIH on 1/31 at noon. A new station will be born and these are the people who are building it and will be running it. http://www.mi-reporter.com/news/merc...tional-awards/

What KMIH is about to become is something that will span generations and be a place to express radio as art. Stand By.- Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bryant View Post
    What KMIH is about to become is something that will span generations and be a place to express radio as art. Stand By.- Joe
    Kudos to KMIH. We're all ears. Cheers!
    The president of Puerto Rico really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-X View Post
    I do know the FCC has warmed up to Longley-Rice predictions in determining coverage...so that would certainly show 60dBu covering White Center I'm sure...
    Yep, the Commission has been accepting applications that use Longley-Rice since the 90's.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast