WRCA 1330 going off the air temporarily - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WRCA 1330 going off the air temporarily

I'm faintly getting WEBO from Oswego NY serving Binghampton area fighting with a music station even more faint which I can't identify.

Quote Originally Posted by MRBIboredop View Post
    30 days plus?

The translator has nothing to do with the AM operation, the Waltham studios are garbage, and rumor has it there is an extra studio over on Morrisey Blvd just waiting for them....
    WRCA vacated the Waltham studios years ago. Studios moved to Cambridge in 1990, first to briefly to Kendall Square, then 552 Mass. Ave near Central Square since then.

Quote Originally Posted by MRBIboredop View Post
    The only good reason for them to be off for 30 days is that the tower site or transmitter /antenna is complete garbage and is in need of major work.

I thought they were over with WUNR and another AM 1200 on that relatively new ( 10 years?) site in Newton IIRC.

Grady Moates was the WRCA CE at the time.... Grady does not build junk, a 10 year old Grady install, even of that complexity should last for 100 years.

Something else is going on, it makes no sense to take it down for 30 days for something that could be done in 30 seconds
    It is transmitting from the Newton (Oak Hill) site with WUNR and WXKS (AM). Sounds like a blank carrier broadcasting on 1330 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Polonsky View Post
    It is transmitting from the Newton (Oak Hill) site with WUNR and WXKS (AM). Sounds like a blank carrier broadcasting on 1330 now.
    Yeah, I noted a deceased carrier at about 9:15, too.
    Now, at 11:15, it appears gone.
    ~Uncle Kaimbridge~

**** Void Where Permitted; Limit 0 Per Customer. ****

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy128 View Post
    I'm faintly getting WEBO from Oswego NY serving Binghampton area fighting with a music station even more faint which I can't identify.
    WEBO is in Owego, NY (not Oswego, or, for that matter, Otego or Otsego), and Binghamton is not one of the Hamptons.

Quote Originally Posted by 4CX1000A View Post
    WEBO is in Owego, NY (not Oswego, or, for that matter, Otego or Otsego), and Binghamton is not one of the Hamptons.

Ha ha, good one you got me. Now do you have any idea what the other station on 1330 may be?

Wouldn't it be worthwhile to feed something to the AM transmitter, at least part of the day - a repeating loop to possibly build suspense, audio from another Beasley station, maybe a Beasley station that is all-Christmas.....

Quote Originally Posted by channel99 View Post
    Wouldn't it be worthwhile to feed something to the AM transmitter, at least part of the day - a repeating loop to possibly build suspense, audio from another Beasley station, maybe a Beasley station that is all-Christmas.....
    That was my first thought, but maybe a STA gets them out of a few things like a functioning EAS , having the main studio manned with a significant presence, etc.

They could have fed the transmitter from Dorchester with a damn 5K loop line off a PC...

So Beasley will re emerge on 1330 with a translator on 106.1.Their other stations are 106.7, 105.7, 102.5, 96.9 and 92.9. Doubt there would be a format change on first 3 but wonder if they'd flip one of the other 2? Or are they happy to let them be..and what will 1330/106.1 be running anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by raccoonradio View Post
    So Beasley will re emerge on 1330 with a translator on 106.1.Their other stations are 106.7, 105.7, 102.5, 96.9 and 92.9. Doubt there would be a format change on first 3 but wonder if they'd flip one of the other 2? Or are they happy to let them be..and what will 1330/106.1 be running anyway?

I would guess jockless true oldies. Are they allowed to own six stations in one market?

Depends on the market size, but I think one company can own up to 8 stations in a market.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast