• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Music shifting at KMAD and KLAK

Just recently after getting out of the biz, I have noticed some changes music wise at KMAD and KLAK (or k-lake to grayson county folk) it seems that K-lake went full-blown hot AC, moving most if not all, of their 80s music with the exception of backtracks USA over to sister station KMAD and they have seem to dropped todays hits and yesterdays favorites slogan to todays best hits, as previously they were a bright ac formatted station. This may be one of the many changes that Alpha media is making to the three stations including country formatted kmkt from which i have posted about in an earlier post.

Seems a bit premature to start dumping 80s... Especially in Texoma where you already have 107.3 covering the new stuff.

This does make me curious on the future of KQDR, there is no way that signal can compete with KLAK's monster coverage and budget. That being said I think nearly all the sister stations of KQDR carry the same format so ratings and income might not be a concern of theirs. (Based on how they've handled KISY in Paris)

I wouldn't mind seeing a return to Doc FM, Jack doesn't come in so hot here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom