• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best AAA station today in 2016 - I have THREE!!!

goriajk

Frequent Participant
I have three * 1) KCSN 88.5 - what Sky Daniels has done there is amazing. I live in the South Bay near LAX and I have a good Tivoli table radio that gets 88.5 solid. Thanks to TuneIn, I can also listen to KCSN in my new Toyota Camry as I leave Los Angeles County into Orange Co (where I work) without signal loss and getting KSBR (where I DJ'd when I was a younger bear cub). I love the music mix with new artists and the deeper classic rock that KSWD 100.3 will not play. I wished they had the signal ala KCRW - I'll be satisfied. But, it works at home and TuneIn in my car. ** 2) KCMP "The Current" 89.3 (KPCC 89.3 HD2 Pasadena/LA) - Hiw lucky we are in Los Angeles to have 'The Current' from MPR on HD2 in Los Angeles. When I bought my new Camry in 2015 it had HD Radio, though I wanted the Entune system for Sirius-XM. Well, when I found out 89.3 HD2 was broadcasting "The Current", a station I loved for many years via online, I use HD Radio most of the time while driving and when not listening to KNX or KCSN. I love the music mix they're doing, including great local Minnesota artists outside of The Jayhawks or Bob Mould. Mark Wheat has a killer accent and he's mentioned me on air so many times, especially 'The Global Shoutout' each weeknight at 6:30pm pacific. When Prince unrxoectku died in the Spring, this station played Prince's entire catalog while receiving worldwide notoriety as Prince himself was a fan of 'The Current'. I'm listening to 'The Current' while typing this and playing Elohim. Would any other commercial alternative station play Elohim? They're doing a great service to music lovers on the air and online. *** 3) KCRW 89.9 and HD2 "Eclectic24" - I listen to KCRW mostly for Eceletic24 and I think it's a nicely programmed station. I think they just played Elohim before I went to 'The Current'. They have the watts, unlike KCSN but I do like the mix which is more Avant-garde and different even to KCSN. They are a class-act and enjoyable to hear Rickie Lee Jones then The Lagoons 'California' - Stunning. I do donate $ to all three stations, and this bear is proud to do it. The return I get keeps me happy. Joe G. 'Bear'

I like KCSN. I tried your other 2 stations -- I have HD radios in the car and at home -- but they did not catch on with me. Of the few commeercial stations across the country, my favorite is Clear 101.7 (KLRR) in Bend, Oregon. I stream that one. My favorite of all time...KNX-FM! That was before the AAA format name was coined.

I've been listening to KCSN for more than 2 months now.
I've never had a better station which has the variety that it does.
Like I've said in previous posts on radiodiscussions.com, this is best station I've ever listened to.
In the radio landscape with big companies like Entercom, it's nice to see a public radio station that can deliver programming that Entercom would never even consider.
Hopefully, KCSN will last where other AAA stations have not. It would be a real shame if it left the air.

In my own preferences:

KVNA 100.1 Flagstaff, AZ
Lightning 100 Nashville
KGSR 93.3 Austin, TX

Then there is also KBAC in Santa Fe that unfortunately I can not hear locally because of an iHeart owned translator which has made reception outside of Santa Fe difficult. Are there any stations that lean on Americana/Roots music?

In my own preferences:

KVNA 100.1 Flagstaff, AZ
Lightning 100 Nashville
KGSR 93.3 Austin, TX

Then there is also KBAC in Santa Fe that unfortunately I can not hear locally because of an iHeart owned translator which has made reception outside of Santa Fe difficult. Are there any stations that lean on Americana/Roots music?

This one leans Americana: http://www.kpig.com

KKXT (91.7kxt) in Fort Worth/Dallas is pretty awesome! http://kxt.org/ Now that we have Alt103.7 it will be interesting to see how kxt responds. We have been without Alternative since iHeart pulled the plug on 102.1 The Edge after 27 years!

KKXT (91.7kxt) in Fort Worth/Dallas is pretty awesome! http://kxt.org/ Now that we have Alt103.7 it will be interesting to see how kxt responds. We have been without Alternative since iHeart pulled the plug on 102.1 The Edge after 27 years!
Dallas seems to have some good adult Alternative stations!! Not only you guys have 91.7KXT and ALT 103.7, you have IHeart Eclectic Radio on Lone Star Classic Rock station KZPS 92.5 HD2. I listen to 91.7KXT from TuneIn in L.A. when I'm not listening to KCSN or KCRW or 89.3 The Current. Peace - Joe G

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom