• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Long Islands Newest Radio Station is 98.1 W251BY

YoYoGo

Regular Participant
JVC Broadcasting recently signed on 98.1 W251BY Patchogue.
The station is currently retransmitting WPTY-FM (Party 105).

The station has a pretty respectable reach on the south shore of Suffolk County.

Perhaps JVC has more in store for this signal as there is overlap with the Party 105 coverage area.

My friend said going to re broadcast party HD once I get the HD installed and turned on. so for now I am just re broadcasting party my friend own JVC

The translator is now broadcasting 60's and 70's pop songs. They are using the name, "Oldies 98." Apparently WPTY 105.3 FM now has at least 1 HD subchannel, to provide the content to the translator.

The station was off the air election day week and returned with Party 105.
Perhaps a ghost in the HD machine?

The station is back on since last week and has gotten some favorable comments on other boards and in the media.

Interesting that JVC turned on both 105.3 HD-2 and HD-3. Both are currently broadcasting Oldies 98.

The station also has a website at www.oldies98li.com that seems to be a work in progress.

I'm hearing 98.1 consistently in Meriden, CT, some 20 miles north of what is supposed to be its deepest fringe, with nothing but my stock car FM receiver and shark fin antenna. Pretty good for 250 watts, if that's indeed what they're putting out.

Stream is up as of this post:

website (as mentioned above): www.oldies98li.com

Streaming Audio player: http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/WPTYHD2

Streaming Audio direct URL to plug in to various media players: http://ice64.securenetsystems.net/WPTYHD2 (32 kbps, 44.1 mHz, stereo, AAC)

While the stream itself is in stereo, the programming being fed into it sounds like it's in mono.
This is understandable since the station is an HD2 of 105.3 feeding a translator at 98.1.
In order to put out the best possible/strongest/furthest reaching signal, mono is likely the best solution.

JVC Broadcasting recently signed on 98.1 W251BY Patchogue.
The station is currently retransmitting WPTY-FM (Party 105).

The station has a pretty respectable reach on the south shore of Suffolk County.

Perhaps JVC has more in store for this signal as there is overlap with the Party 105 coverage area.

I was out on the East end this weekend... I just Dont Understand why JVC is not Playing a Legal ID at the TOH each hour? infact I did not hear a legal ID all weekend. They Better get their act together before they get Fined...
Not trying to cause trouble,maybe someone over at JVC will see this, and Resolve their issue ..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom