• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

93.5 FM In Hope Hull

Was doing a program test today. The calls are currently WPHH, with Classic Hits from the 60s to the 80s being heard. I don't know if the calls or format will stay as is. Stay tuned and I'll keep you posted.

Dan <><

P.S. I caught wind of this new start up, while traveling through Prattville today.

WPHH? Sounds awfully similar to WHPH. Classic hits from the 60's through the 80's? Could this be a simulcast of the Peach? Or just an imitation of it?

WPHH? Sounds awfully similar to WHPH. Classic hits from the 60's through the 80's? Could this be a simulcast of the Peach? Or just an imitation of it?

could be just an imitation for testing purposes, as someone else has said, FCC records still have the calls listed as WLDA, but those records probably haven't been updated yet?

I could see WPHH Standing for Pine level/Hope Hull

Given that there's no full-power station in the market with a classic hits format, it makes too much sense.

Depends on how you define classic hits, as WRBZ plays a nice variety of classics from the 70's, 80's and 90's.
The Last true Oldies station was WQLD 104.3, WACV's attempt at oldies doesn't really count as they were part oldies and talk before finally switching to alternative.

I would like to see a true 50's through 70's oldies station return to Montgomery, or try indie/modern rock like B'ham mountain radio.

FCCData.org says a 'Remain Silent Authority' was granted for WPHH 93.5 back in November.

So, I'm guessing it's a waste of time to ask of this new Gump station "What are you doing New Year's Eve" (or Monday January 2nd, since New Year's is on a Sunday)?

I suppose the answer to that question, FAM, is "continue being irrelevant and a waste of money".

Montgomery seems to be the most over-radioed market in all of Alabama, even worse than Birmingham or Huntsville. I can't imagine anything they could do with this signal to make it competitive.

I suppose the answer to that question, FAM, is "continue being irrelevant and a waste of money".

Montgomery seems to be the most over-radioed market in all of Alabama, even worse than Birmingham or Huntsville. I can't imagine anything they could do with this signal to make it competitive.

It May be over radioed, but at the same time it fills no real need, outside of talk radio.

Montgomery has a majority of it's stations and formats on translators, but with no program directors to keep the lists fresh and non-repetitive. for a company that prides itself on being locally owned, it's corporately operated with playlists so safe they are afraid to step outside of the box.

Birmingham atleast has a REAL and TRUE Alternative station with Bham Mountian radio, a station that listens to it's audiences and engages in the community on a near daily basis with pop up concerts and other great events.

Montgomery no longer gets involved in the community aside to the yearly food drives. gone are the days of the classic "Big Bam" shows, today replaced by has been musicians coming to town and being introduced by washed up has been morning show guys, who's popularity expired long ago.

even the sound processing on many stations are lazy, muffled or are completely out of tune.

Montgomery had it's best years between 1997 and 2003 when you had great radio stations like WQLD that brought true oldies back to down, with a classic reverb in the all the processing, memorable personalities and great giveaways like the T-bird they gave away shortly after they launched. I miss those days, this used to be a market that launched radio careers, not were former dj's come to retire after one last tune up at the rehab clinic.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom