• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

September 2016 Ratings

umfan

Star Participant
http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb011

As expected, WMGC fell back to Earth, but maintained a 5.3 rating, good for 5th place and far better than what they pulled as a Sports talker. On that note, The Ticket is again #1. WOMC regained listeners, who likely tuned back after trying the new 105.1. WJR saw a drop, likely a lull after the conventions, and apparently WWJ was the beneficiary of that loss. WYCD saw a slight drop, while NASH had a notable gain. I think this is the highest book for NASH since it debuted in Detroit, and the closest they've ever been to WYCD. With strong showings by WRIF and WCSX as well, Greater Media has to be pleased with the performance of its Detroit cluster.

You're not going to claim the relative positions of WJR and WWJ have something to do with which college football team each broadcasts or the relative performance of their respective teams so far?

No, because I don't think it has an impact. Fans remain fans, even when one team is having an off year.

Further, at least some of the UM games are simulcast on WOMC which would draw at least some listeners away from WWJ, further reducing the impact of those broadcasts on the ratings. WJR is seeing higher ratings, on average, than last year, which is typical for Presidential election years.

No, because I don't think it has an impact. Fans remain fans, even when one team is having an off year.

Further, at least some of the UM games are simulcast on WOMC which would draw at least some listeners away from WWJ, further reducing the impact of those broadcasts on the ratings. WJR is seeing higher ratings, on average, than last year, which is typical for Presidential election years.

If election year listening is a factor, why do AQH numbers for stations the broadcast actual news (i.e., WWJ, WUOM) stay reasonably constant) while numbers for the station preaching to the choir go up? Could it be that cume also remains constant but the same old ditto-heads listen longer? They aren't really picking up listeners.

Hard to tell without the full book. I would speculate that the reason is that, at election time, people that normally don't listen to Talk Radio do tune in. So I disagree that there are not additional listeners. I think the change in cume indicates otherwise.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom