• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fort Wayne LPTV

Juan Bodley

Frequent Participant
It was announced last year (or before that even) that DTV America was to have LP offerings on channel 29 in Fort Wayne, showing the Grit, Laff, and Escape networks. (A Wikipedia search shows these networks for this channel, as well as a a religious network on LP channel 49.)
I live in Columbia City, and even though I can pick up TCT's channel 38, I have NEVER seen a blip out of 29 or 49. Are they on the air at all? Have they ever???

Good to know.
I thought by first glance at some info on DTV America that they were just buying licenses hoping to get somebody else to LMA them, or sell off to the highest bidder after getting the license in the first place. (Wikipedia says their main address is a drop box in Florida, nothing more permanent that that.)
The only LP I get here in CC is digital 38 of the TCT bunch...down to 2 channels now.

A thought and/or update on this...
I recently searched DTV America and it seems they have been more or less bought out by HC2 Holdings. (This was in mid 2017.) In that search FCC documents showed that several licenses were forfeited but not Fort Wayne's stations under DTV...but the 2 of the 3 channels listed as networks are now on WANE's subchannels (Laff and Escape.)
Just wondering if they ever plan to put any of the stations on the air. I may go look at the towers themselves (all listed near/outside New Haven and S.E. Fort Wayne) to see if any TV broadcast antennas are even mounted on them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom