WJQS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WJQS

WJQS

Yesterday, the station seemed the same. I heard Chaka Khan's version of Prince's "I Feel for You" among other things.

However, last night, the station seemed to be playing a different type of music. It sound like Yes or Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

Today, although I have heard James Taylor's "Mexico," the music still sounds different. I heard a Blood, Sweat, and Tears song that used profanity.

The music seems to be different, but only at times. "Disco Inferno" is playing now.

I listen to the station on occasion, but it seems to me that they're getting away from the 50s and 60s and concentrating on 70s and 80s. It's starting to sound like an AM version of 105.1 the River.

Quote Originally Posted by golden eagles97 View Post
    I listen to the station on occasion, but it seems to me that they're getting away from the 50s and 60s and concentrating on 70s and 80s. It's starting to sound like an AM version of 105.1 the River.
    I occasionally listen to Oldies 1400. Yes, it does have '80s music from time to time, but (I think) it's still oldies.

Sundays on Oldies 1400

12P-3P
    Goddard's Gold ('60s and '70s)

3P-6P
    The '70s with Steve Goddard ('70s)

It's interesting that everyone had ditched the oldies format......then came along WJMF EZ87FM .....now everyone is trying to copy, and I for one am humbled.
    http://www.ez877fm.com/Home

Hey all -

I believe that WJMF-LPTV was first licensed on Channel 6 with audio on 87.75 MHz in March, 2011, very shortly after WJQS 1400 AM had already flipped to Oldies (from its business talk format).

--- Casual Observer

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    Hey all -

I believe that WJMF-LPTV was first licensed on Channel 6 with audio on 87.75 MHz in March, 2011, very shortly after WJQS 1400 AM had already flipped to Oldies (from its business talk format).

--- Casual Observer
    If only you knew the facts ..............

Quote Originally Posted by Gearshift Gary View Post
    If only you knew the facts ..............
    Why don't you enlighten us Gary? Casual Observer is right - WJQS switched to oldies in February, 2011 when the business talk format didn't pan out and the station owner had to take it over. I know - I was the one that flipped the switch.

It had NOTHING to do with WJMF-LPTV going on the air with an oldies format - I'm sure of that.

RFB

Quote Originally Posted by rfburns View Post
    Why don't you enlighten us Gary? Casual Observer is right - WJQS switched to oldies in February, 2011 when the business talk format didn't pan out and the station owner had to take it over. I know - I was the one that flipped the switch.

It had NOTHING to do with WJMF-LPTV going on the air with an oldies format - I'm sure of that.

RFB
    Did't they also have some "type of QVC" selling discount coupons for a while ?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Broadcaster View Post
    Did't they also have some "type of QVC" selling discount coupons for a while ?
    They did. WJQS was under an LMA during that time. They ran a "Radio Shopping Network" show that offered discounts at local businesses. Good idea, but it didn't pan out.

RFB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast