• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

XEGM 950 Tijuana

alok

Frequent Participant
Anybody know exactly how this station operates, power ,number of towers ,DA pattern, etc.

I see where some sources say they have 3 towers at 17 kw plus what looks like a booster on 950 that is Non DA at 2.5 kw ,is this correct ? If so ,why the booster ?
It seems the 17kw ( 3 towers ) would do the trick.

Anybody know more ,I looked at radio-locator and FCC site but I'm still confused.

Al

Anybody know exactly how this station operates, power ,number of towers ,DA pattern, etc.

I see where some sources say they have 3 towers at 17 kw plus what looks like a booster on 950 that is Non DA at 2.5 kw ,is this correct ? If so ,why the booster ?
It seems the 17kw ( 3 towers ) would do the trick.

Anybody know more ,I looked at radio-locator and FCC site but I'm still confused.

Al

The station has been XEKAM for many, many years and is licensed as 20 kw daytime and 5 kw at night. There is no booster listed on the IFT listing of AM stations.

The station has been XEKAM for many, many years and is licensed as 20 kw daytime and 5 kw at night. There is no booster listed on the IFT listing of AM stations.

At least since the late 80s, and since you can go 20 years between documents in the RPC, potentially as early as the 70s.

I would not suspect a booster *at all*. Mexican AMs don't do that.

The most recent concession renewal was a 12-year extension in 2004 that expired this year (along with some 200 stations) but will almost certainly be renewed: http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/PRORROGA2_41888.pdf

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom