• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Let's Make a Monument to Allah

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robertsez

Heard this song at 9:05pm on KXNG 91.7. Isn't Allah the false god that is worshipped by Muslims? Isn't Allah the same deity proclaimed by the hijackers on 9/11, and other Muslim terrorists as they inflict harm on Americans ("Allah Akbar!)?

Heard this song at 9:05pm on KXNG 91.7. Isn't Allah the false god that is worshipped by Muslims? Isn't Allah the same deity proclaimed by the hijackers on 9/11, and other Muslim terrorists as they inflict harm on Americans ("Allah Akbar!)?

You provide proof of this, and I'll pull every red cent I send KSBJ, raise so much hell that Tom Gray's ears will ring for months, plus, I'll hand write (or type, I guess) a formal apology to you and to Joe. Joe, for ever talking him into dropping his objection to the license transfer; you for the doubts I have about your true motivation in trying to rake the ministry across the coals. I truly believe that you have it in for the Foundation, because the need for your services were declined.

The proof is in the pudding, Robert. I want to hear what you heard. Let's see if this is more hot air coming from Beaumont.

You provide proof of this, and I'll pull every red cent I send KSBJ, raise so much hell that Tom Gray's ears will ring for months, plus, I'll hand write (or type, I guess) a formal apology to you and to Joe. Joe, for ever talking him into dropping his objection to the license transfer; you for the doubts I have about your true motivation in trying to rake the ministry across the coals. I truly believe that you have it in for the Foundation, because the need for your services were declined.

The proof is in the pudding, Robert. I want to hear what you heard. Let's see if this is more hot air coming from Beaumont.

I'd sure like to know the title and artist of the song.

You misunderstood the lyrics. The title of the song is "Let's Make A Monument To Our Love" ........
Don't you feel a little bit foolish?

Last edited:
It may ... but it's not. It's a good idea to Google something before you write a rant (in error).

Is this another Blinded By The Light by the Manfred Mann Band? or Louie Louie by The Kingsmen?

It would be if the pop audience wasn't so fragmented that very few songs from this era stand a chance of being misheard as widely as those two songs were.

lol, this reminded me that for the longest time my wife thought it was "Owner of a lonely horse" instead of "Owner of a lonely heart".

The only pop hit I can recall that actually mentions Allah is Donovan's "Wear Your Love Like Heaven.'
Lord, kiss me once more
Fill me with song
Allah, kiss me once more
That I may, that I may
Wear my love like heaven (Wear my love like)
Wear my love like heaven (Wear my love)
La-la, la-la-la, la-la-la, la-la-la

It may ... but it's not. It's a good idea to Google something before you write a rant (in error).

I did Google it, Frank. I Googed "Make a Monument to Allah." So, obviously I'm not the only one who understands the song (and I use that term loosely) as having those lyrics.

It's very important to communicate clearly, so there can be no misunderstanding. Especially when you're an organization that promotes Eternal Salvation through the Good News of Jesus Christ (not "Allah").

Doesn't someone in The Clash song "Should I Stay or Should I Go" yell "allah" in the intro of the song

"Paradise City" - Guns N' Roses

My wife's version was "take me down to the very nice city" when we first got married. I finally caught her singing it that way and laughed my fool head off.

I wasn't laughing for nearly a month afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom