• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WLIX FM Is a Great Radio Station...Translator Stations ?

xmradiopro

Star Participant
Just started listening to WLIX FM...anyone know if they can or have any translator Stations in Queens ?

Hya MxRx and crew. (I just yesterday found this board listed; used to work for WLIX back when it was B/M and a 250-watt daytimer just s t a r t i n g to get its format clock cleaned by WCTO Huntington 94.3)

But I've been away for a few decades. In fact, I used to live very near Ridge. A few questions if I may .....

Is there any connection between the 540 and the FM?
What is the format for the FM? You know, maybe just a list of artists for :15 will explain more.
Is the place live at least part of the day?
Is it non-commercial?

The onliest somewhat-nearby LPFM I remember actually showing up in a book is WOLD from Woodbridge NJ. They run 16 nominal watts vis-a-vis 21 for WLIX.

Radio-Locator lists WLIX as having a network, of two other LPFMs out in Eastern/Central Long Island. Might one of those be an easier catch for your enjoyment, MusicRadio? Depends on where you live, I guess.

Hya MxRx and crew. (I just yesterday found this board listed; used to work for WLIX back when it was B/M and a 250-watt daytimer just s t a r t i n g to get its format clock cleaned by WCTO Huntington 94.3)

But I've been away for a few decades. In fact, I used to live very near Ridge. A few questions if I may .....

Is there any connection between the 540 and the FM?
What is the format for the FM? You know, maybe just a list of artists for :15 will explain more.
Is the place live at least part of the day?
Is it non-commercial?

The onliest somewhat-nearby LPFM I remember actually showing up in a book is WOLD from Woodbridge NJ. They run 16 nominal watts vis-a-vis 21 for WLIX.

Radio-Locator lists WLIX as having a network, of two other LPFMs out in Eastern/Central Long Island. Might one of those be an easier catch for your enjoyment, MusicRadio? Depends on where you live, I guess.

Interesting Yes LPFM's can have translators, I did not think it was legal For LPFM's to Simulcast Programming.. If you mean Networking a Program say 11am On one station and that same Program plays at 1pm on the other Yes.. But Not as a Simulcast. If the Rules Changed Please post a Copy of that. As I have an LPFM, and maintain 2 others. it would be great to Simulcast on all 3 For Better coverage, I just dont belive that legal by the LPFM rules.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom