Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W46DK (rf 17) on the air as of July 1

Quote Originally Posted by tomservo View Post
    I've never encountered that, either. As Frank pointed out above, WDBB's virtual channel is also 17, and I wonder if this issue is causing problems for people who can pick up both WDBB and WUOA-LD. WDBB has a good signal over most of the western metro area, so there ought to be a lot of overlap between these two stations each showing virtual 17 as their channel number on some TVs..
    I thought WUOA virtual was 46?

Quote Originally Posted by unclehonkey View Post
    I thought WUOA virtual was 46?
    If I'm understanding his posts correctly, Chad Stevens has one TV showing it on channel 17 and another on 46.

I know some older TVs do not display the psip properly. When my grandma moved into her assisted living facility before they hooked up her cable I hooked up a TV antenna and most of the channels would only show the actual RF number and not the psip number

So instead of 4.1 for WCCO CBS it showed 32.1 (the RF station)

Just noticed today that WUOA 46.4 is now The Country Network.

Alabama Public TV subchannels have shuffled as well. .1 = PBS, .2 = PBS Kids, .3 = Create, .4 = World.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-Stevens View Post
    Just noticed today that WUOA 46.4 is now The Country Network.

Alabama Public TV subchannels have shuffled as well. .1 = PBS, .2 = PBS Kids, .3 = Create, .4 = World.
    Yeah someone passed on that info to me the other day, looks like they've made the change all over the state with the PSIP but the programming as far as I can tell is still World Channel on .2 for right now. It is supposed to go live on January 16th I think? And World moves exclusively to .4 on Jan 1st.

I'm kind of curious why WUOA-LD skipped 46.6. It used to be color bars but recently I was told it's completely gone. Their lineup now:

46.1 - Laff
    46.2 - Buzzr
    46.3 - Escape
    46.4 - The Country Network
    46.5 - QVC
    46.7 - Liquidation Channel
    46.8 - QVC Plus

I imagine at some point something was supposed to go on 46.6 and the deal fell through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12