• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KCLE/Cleburne goes dark

The folks leasing the station might not see a problem with the format's survival, at least not until the investors have second thoughts, if that should happen. Some Vietnamese programmers share costs with other markets where they have stations (ie: sharing employees).

Maybe I am radio ignorant on this one, but I don't see how a Vietnamese (?) station can survive and KCLE as we last knew it couldn't.....(???)

There has been Vietnamese programming running very profitably on an LA station for more than a decade. If the community is large enough, it will support a station with local community business.

And there is a Vietnamese station in Houston that has been around for decades. They too lease their station. The group that runs things in LA is quite successful. If I recall a scan of Dallas/Fort Worth stations when up in the area, I recall hearing Vietnamese on another frequency at one point in time, so it is likely the same group with several years under their belt. I'm guessing they signed a contract to lease the airtime on KCLE.

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember KCLE had a translator or two that reached the south side of Fort Worth.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom