• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Not happy with Hosting Member Center station server

My station has gone off the air at least 4 times in the past year due to DOS attacks on the hosting server. The last time a couple weeks ago......they just shut down the station for an entire day.....to wait for the attack to stop. You'd think by this time they would have solved the problem instead of putting a bandaid on it.

Sometimes they send emails that work is going to be done on the server and the station will be down for such and such a time. Other times it just goes down without explaniation or notice. That's why I gave them a 3 out of 10 on their company survey. It's not Shoutcast that is the problem but my hosting server at: www.hostingmembercenter.com I just wanted to put the word out and see if you guys have any issues with your hosts and how you would rate them.

Anybody else use Hosting Member Center? Are you happy with them?

Totally agree

One of the worst companies in customer service. They will make you beg for hours and hours to get your own server restarted. Do not waste your money on these guys

My station has gone off the air at least 4 times in the past year due to DOS attacks on the hosting server. The last time a couple weeks ago......they just shut down the station for an entire day.....to wait for the attack to stop. You'd think by this time they would have solved the problem instead of putting a bandaid on it.

Sometimes they send emails that work is going to be done on the server and the station will be down for such and such a time. Other times it just goes down without explaniation or notice. That's why I gave them a 3 out of 10 on their company survey. It's not Shoutcast that is the problem but my hosting server at: www.hostingmembercenter.com I just wanted to put the word out and see if you guys have any issues with your hosts and how you would rate them.

Anybody else use Hosting Member Center? Are you happy with them?

I used them once, my package came with free website hosting.
once the DOS attacks started, after 3 emails to ask about the problem,
they completely shut down the server without ever giving me a chance to obtain backups of the site.

I would call Diego at securenetsystems.net They have up time better then my encoding pc. Support is via email mostly but they will answer the phone if you "REALLY" need it. PM me if you decide to go for it as I signed up for their reseller program after using them myself for years. I haven't checked in to USADM much I admit but always liked it when I did!

The past 9 months (since the thread start) has not been too bad (knock on wood), I think they went down one morning for several hours recently.... and that's about it.

I've ordered an IceCast streaming service over a week ago and they still say it's pending because they didn't receive the money. But Paypal has confirmed that the transaction was successful one week ago.

JD36108 They did the same thing to me. Put up a big BANNED page when someone tired to connect. I'm still with them, kinda stuck I guess.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom