• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Talkers 2016 Heavy-handed Hundred

Hartmann and Gallagher in the Top 10 is surprising. The fact that Stern stays so highly ranked despite requiring a subscription testifies to the loyalty of his fan base.

I'm happy to see that both Doug Stephan and Jim Bohannon remain in the Top 20.

I though Jonathon Brandmeier was being syndicated and took over Dennis Miller's old slot? If that is the case, I'm frankly surprised he didn't make the list.

Thanks for posting it wadio.

I'm happy to see that both Doug Stephan and Jim Bohannon remain in the Top 20.

At the risk of sounding disrespectful to Mr. Stephan (who, I am sure, works very hard producing his program) I have yet to find a radio station that airs his program. In fact, the only time I hear about him is when I see he places very highly in Mr. Harrison's list.

His website boasts hundreds of affiliates, yet doesn't list them. Anybody listen? How's the show?

I listen regularly and like the show. A list of his affiliates can be found at TuneIn.com

He produces six hours on weekdays and then has a weekend program. A lot of his affiliates air only three hours and some just the weekend shows. His clears mostly in small and medium markets. A syndicated morning show is a challenge since that does remain a daypart that is generally solidly local.

http://tunein.com/radio/options/Doug-Stephans-Good-Day-p20187/

How's the show?

In a word, "awful."

He has this Saccharine persona and seems obsessed with sorting news stories into countdown lists. It's a really air-headed presentation, IMHO.

A station I used to leave on overnight carried Stephan's morning show. I'd wake up, hear his ultra-cheery "Gooood Moooorning!" and literally smack the radio to turn it off!

I though Jonathon Brandmeier was being syndicated and took over Dennis Miller's old slot? If that is the case, I'm frankly surprised he didn't make the list.

Brandmeier is syndicated by Westwood One, but has almost no major market affiliates, outside of WLS in Chicago and KABC in LA.

I'm not sure why Doug Stephan is so high on the list. He does have more total affiliates than Brandmeier, but a whole lot of them are putting him on at 3am in California as a kind of overnight show.

A portion of his Saturday show is the 'Talk Radio Countdown' and is available as a standalone product. I don't view that he has a habit of doing that, he does that once weekly for a specific purpose.

I like the format of "Doug Stephan's Good Day" (such as its variety of subjects like television, technology, and movies), but I wish its host would not use rude language occasionally.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom