• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

99X Flips To KPOP 98.9

Only months after flipping from Classic Country, to Christmas, to Soft AC, then resurrecting the Alternative 99X brand, CUMULUS MEDIA'S 98.9 W255CJ makes another format change: this time to K-POP (Korean Pop) as KPOP 98.9. "We're so excited to be stunting Girls Generation's "Gee" for 104 hours!" said Sean Shannon, Vice President/Market Manager for CUMULUS MEDIA ATLANTA. "Even more so, to be debuting Monday, April 4th a live real-time translation version in Korean of THE BERT SHOW that will be simulcast nightly in South Korea on Seoul's 91.9 MBC FM4U."

Last edited:
R.I.P 99X. I think Cumulus is making a safe bet by putting their trust in Psy's string of Atlanta's Greatest Hits.

Honestly had me fooled as well. And due to the large Korean population in parts of Gwinnett county, I think a format like this on an FM translator could actually work! Lol

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom