KJJB 95.3 Eagle Lake
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KJJB 95.3 Eagle Lake

Unknowable

KJJB 95.3 Eagle Lake

I didn't know this station was there. Looks like it's one of Claro Communications's stations, from the contact info.
    http://fccdata.org/?facid=171037

Anyone know what format it is, or was, and when it will come back if it hasn't already??
    Last edited by Unknowable; 03-25-2016 at 04:55 AM.

robertsez
    Who is Fennifer Cremeens? From the looks of the history of this authorization, it looks like it's been flipped a few times before being acquired by Roy Henderson.

purpledevil
    Eagle Lake's KJJB is a ghost, Mouse. It never had a format because it's never hit the air.

It started out as a Gerald Benavides application, was permitted, sold, sold again, still not brought to life, then now we have Roy Henderson wanting to buy it and move it on in to Houston, according to Joe. I have seen no evidence of the move, as yet, so I am still a bit skeptical on that event taking place. We'll see, I guess that will come after the deal is approved.

If it's approved.

purpledevil
    Without going into the dotted I and crossed T details of the KJJB situation, I have been assured that it will not be moving into Houston, and there is no plan to move it out of Colorado County at all. Any other details will require me yielding the floor to the party involved with the transaction, if he so chooses to elaborate further.

I will say, I am quite pleased to hear what the actual plan is for 95-3 in the near future.

Unknowable
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledevil View Post
    Without going into the dotted I and crossed T details of the KJJB situation, I have been assured that it will not be moving into Houston, and there is no plan to move it out of Colorado County at all. Any other details will require me yielding the floor to the party involved with the transaction, if he so chooses to elaborate further.

I will say, I am quite pleased to hear what the actual plan is for 95-3 in the near future.
    If you say KJJB's future is bright, I'll believe you... Judging by it's history though and the history of other stations owned by the same buyer and seller I'm not expecting anything great... But I'll see what happens...... Whatever you know where to find me, and any PM you send is between you and me.

purpledevil
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknowable View Post
    If you say KJJB's future is bright, I'll believe you... Judging by it's history though and the history of other stations owned by the same buyer and seller I'm not expecting anything great... But I'll see what happens...... Whatever you know where to find me, and any PM you send is between you and me.
    I actually do. I won't stand in opposition to Joe's argument against KJJB's transfer of license to Roy Henderson because his statement is valid. KJJB Eagle Lake, Texas obtained a License to Cover in 2012, and in my many (and you know it's been many, Mouse) trips to SA in the last 4 years, I have never actually heard the facility on the air. Oh, BTW...I have a heck of a rig set up at Paw Paw's house here in Bellville. I should be able to pick it up loud and clear, and I never have. KNRG is there, KULM...yep. I don't even have much problem with reception of 104-9 from La Grange, but KJJB? Not a peep.

I don't know, Mouse. I hope he can get this transfer through the process and establish Eagle Lake's first licensed service. I know Eagle Lake, Altair, Garwood, Nada, and every little town out that way better than the back of my hand. What's been proposed in private will be a fantastic use of the signal, and provide a much deserved operational station there. I understand your experience with a Henderson O&O is KEMA 3 Rivers, but for a stinker like that one is, there's also the flip side of the Henderson coin, which include outstanding hometown stations like KLTR up here in Bellville, KULM over in Columbus, and the Texas Mix duo of KTWL & KHTZ. Oops, make that "trio". I forgot about Palacios. Well, 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

I would be pleased if he is granted approval to proceed with the transfer, I won't be too surprised if it gets the brakes applied to it, courtesy of Joe's opposition, and from this thought contributor's perspective, that would be a travesty to deny the "Goose Capital of the World" its own licensed service.

Unknowable
    Hopefully he can turn it into something decent, then. You know, I think the Handerson owned signals might depend on who he is able to get in their coverage area to run them? Do you think trying to get the word out in the community about the radio station that needs operational help might do him some good?

purpledevil
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknowable View Post
    Hopefully he can turn it into something decent, then. You know, I think the Handerson owned signals might depend on who he is able to get in their coverage area to run them? Do you think trying to get the word out in the community about the radio station that needs operational help might do him some good?
    I can't speak for his other properties, only KLTR Brenham. Uh, Hempstead. 94-1 is managed by his daughter, and it is an absolute beacon to the community in which it serves.

Texas Deal Redo: Lone Star FM Not Heading To Roy Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by purpledevil View Post
    I can't speak for his other properties, only KLTR Brenham. Uh, Hempstead. 94-1 is managed by his daughter, and it is an absolute beacon to the community in which it serves.
    An update on the fate of KJJB is being covered by RBR.com in its afternoon headlines email on 10/9/2018.
    The website will have a story after 11:30am Central available for subscribers.

It's been sold for $100,000 to "CENTRO CRISTIANO DE VIDA ETERNA", Hector and Martin Guevera of Houston which have a sub channel on an LPTV in houston and many other radio stations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast