• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why Full Time CCM Is Off The Table For Now

WAPN Holly Hill (Daytona Beach). We knew and interacted with the WCIE guys quite a bit, but I don't think we met with Mark. Too bad about him passing away. KLTY didn't say much about it on the air that I remember. KLTY went through its own dark age, actually asking for donations. I have an original KLTY bumper sticker. Their odyssey back on the air started with taking over a Spanish language 94.1, then moving to 100.7, and finally back to their original frequency of 94.9 where they are a powerhouse. Because they don't mess with HD, they are one of the few Dallas stations that make it to parts of Houston.

Now for something that caught my eye.

Taken from the WJEC Vernon Alabama Facebook page.

Here's an exchange that occurred, after the management was lead by God to block out two hours of time for CCM Weekdays: Nancy O'Mary Hope you don't get away from Southern Gospel July 30, 2013 at 2:50pm · WJEC / WVSA We aren't Mrs. O'Mary. We're trying to reach more age ranges with the new show. As an gospel radio station we aim to help spread the gospel to all saved and lost. July 30, 2013 at 4:14pm

Heaven forbid if a SG styled station were to block out time for the youth. The world isn't going to end just because they were lead by God to share His Word with this populace, for two hours a day.

To WJEC Radio, if you're still doing the two hour CCM program, keep it up. I'm behind you all the way.

Dan <><

Last edited:
WAPN Holly Hill (Daytona Beach). We knew and interacted with the WCIE guys quite a bit, but I don't think we met with Mark. Too bad about him passing away. KLTY didn't say much about it on the air that I remember. KLTY went through its own dark age, actually asking for donations. I have an original KLTY bumper sticker. Their odyssey back on the air started with taking over a Spanish language 94.1, then moving to 100.7, and finally back to their original frequency of 94.9 where they are a powerhouse. Because they don't mess with HD, they are one of the few Dallas stations that make it to parts of Houston.

I don't believe that an IBOC signal has any effect on the coverage of its analog FM. There must be some other reason that particular Dallas station makes it to Houston and others don't.

Checking with WJEC now, to see if they're still doing the CCM program, weekdays from 4:30 P.M. till 6:30 P.M. If so, plan on making a request tomorrow. My request will be for that long bearded fellow named David Crowder. This station can be heard online from this site: www.wjec1065.com Their program schedule doesn't speak of the show but I hope it's still on.

Dan <><

P.S. Now if anyone reading hears me speak, don't get too alarmed. Just want to get my Crowder praise on, if I can.

Last edited:
Update: The program is still on. I'm making a request for that long bearded fellow Crowder. Show starts at 4:30 P.M. and runs till 6:30 P.M. The link to the station is still www.wjec1065.com. Check it out if you can.

Dan <><

For some reason that block wasn't on. I hope the protestors didn't make the management yank the show. If they did, then God will hold them to account. Shameful indeed.

Dan <><

P.S. I'm not too happy at all. Had my heart set on making that song request. Too bad it didn't happen.

B.T.W. One good thing about it, the youth populace in that area still have K-Love from Columbus Mississippi, Jasper/Carbon Hill Alabama, WFIX Florence and a distant sounding WDJC from Birmingham.

In closing: I've learned one thing, from this event. Dan stand your ground. Don't bow down to any protestor. If God is leading you to do something, then do it and let the chips fall where they may. A.K.A. Amplify and a full time CCM presentation.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm a rebel, but when it comes to people protesting and trying to affect change on a station, I get defensive. My attitude is put your money where your mouth is: If you want to direct programming buy the time or buy the station or shut up. If I invested in a station I'd seek the direction from God and go with it. If it's God's Plan, it is already perfect and doesn't need changing.

Those who protest are many times the haters that claim they are acting in love. I call that out on them and charge ahead. Those folks will always have a problem with something. They are motivated by hate, not love. And they don't support you even if you do what they want because they are never satisfied. A person asking you to consider something different, however, is worthy of being heard and considered...they might just be that Divine urging.

In summary, if you 'feel it' that it is God's Plan and have carefully taken yourself out of the picture on what you want, you are on the perfect path. Remember the folks with the problem with what you are doing are reacting to their human weaknesses and trying to force everyone to subscribe to their insecurities. I've told people "we might not be the Christian station for you" and to try another station aside from mine. You don't win any popularity contests with them but people tend to back down when they keep slamming their mouths in to your brick wall. For those to take the fight further, I put on the boxing gloves with a take no prisoners attitude if I feel strongly I am executing God's Plan, not my own. Keep in mind, to minister, you have to move beyond the choir. Certainly the complainers are not who you're after and maybe that should be said point blank to them.

If it is Southern Gospel vs. Contemporary, what does God say?

I thank God my plans are going to be in accordance to God's will. Not going to let anyone talk me out of it now. The youth need this LPFM radio station more than the adults do. That's why my programming is going to be skewed in that direction. Dan want to make sure that ALL PEOPLE here the Gospel, so I won't be held responsible for helping to lead someone to Hell. If I can help share the Gospel with someone, I intend to do it. Don't want to avoid anyone who is lost, on purpose. To do that, would only lead to my punishment from God.

Dan <><

Last edited:
Check out the Houston board - a CCM / Christian rock opponent just tried to give my computer a virus - on purpose!!!!!

Still not happy with the departure of the CCM block on WJEC Vernon Alabama. The show wasn't on today. It looks more like my prediction was right. If I have to deal with any Amplify Haters, when I sign on, already know how I'm going to deal with them. Going to tell them that God wanted me to block out time, for this program. He wanted me to present the Gospel to those who like the Rock and Rap leaning songs, as well. I have no plans of backing down, Mr. or Mrs. protestor. Say what you want, smear my name or talk bad behind my back. You're not going to discourage me from doing God's revealed will for Jesus Radio.

Dan is making this promise. Six hours a day will be used to proclaim the Gospel, to the Rock and Rap fan base. I have no plans of backing down period. Since God is blessing me with this platform to share His Word from, He expects me to present it to ALL PEOPLE, regardless of age, outside appearance or other factor. If anyone from those two fan bases end up in Hell, because of my refusal to share the Word with them, then God will punish me on my judgement day. Don't want that to happen, to me. Want to see God bless this radio station and stay obedient to His Word always.

Disobedience will only lead to my quick, sudden and ultimate failure. Don't want to see that happen to Jesus Radio. Been wanting to own a radio station, for years now. I've come this far. Want to make it to the finish line and get this broadcasting going. Not going to let any sinful act keep it from happen.

Dan <><

P.S. Dan is going to be bold as a lion and run this radio station, as God wants me to. No protestor is going to change that.

Last edited:
K-Love is coming to Tuscaloosa Alabama. Just learned, through the FCC site, that EMF is buying out 99.1 FM. We serve an awesome God, don't we. Glad to know this area of the state will soon have another voice for CCM.

Dan <><

Breaking News from Jesus Radio land. Me and God had another talk yesterday about Jesus Radio. God still wants Selma to have this radio station. His wishes for the content are as follows: Adult leaning tunes on WPJB Music Jukebox from 3 A.M. till 9 P.M. daily and Harder leaning tunes on Amplify from 9 P.M. till 3 A.M. daily. I told God someone may attack Amplify and try to remove it. After I spoke, God assured me that He would step in and defend this program, should that issue arise. What a mighty God we serve.

Last edited:
This website is about broadcasting. Religion as it applies to a broadcast format is fine. Please keep your posts relevant to radio or TV broadcasting.

Just spoke with the electrician man today. He's coming within the next few days, to help me set up power and get that donated radio tower. Within the next few months, Dan is going premier Jesus Radio. It's now a great time to be alive in the black belt section of Alabama.

Dan <><

P.S. Keep me in your Prayers, as I start building. Hope to begin next week.

Are you running your LP radio station as a business or a ministry? Are you trying to make a profit or simply pay the bills? You are faced with a problem that surly is an issue for many Christian Radio Stations be they CCM, Hymn based, or Christian Spoken Word, etc. Music is a very personal thing, both in the secular world and in the Christian world. There are older Praise and Worship songs that most contemporary Evangelical churches won't do in their services, because they'll tell you we don't want to offend the younger folks [they won't use any song over 5 years old, I'm serious]. Yet for me, an older believer, those older praise and worship songs lift me to the heights of worship. You are faced with such a problem. Are there other Christian stations in your listening area? If so what do they play? What do you believe God is putting on your heart to play? It's one thing to be a business man, but you also need to include the CEO [Christ] of your business in what your radio station will aim to be.

I am a Lutheran now and have been for about 5 years. Anyhow in our church we use hymns and chants from 500 years ago. We also sing the "newer" hymns like an Old Rugged Cross. We have a small Praise Band that does both those older praise songs from the 1970's through the 1990's, and today's praise music from 2000 to today. So our church is a paradise for someone like me who can worship with all those forms of Godly Music. Sadly many Christians aren't able to do that, thus your problem with trying to program your radio station. If you're the only Christian station in your listening area then possibly some sort of block programming might serve your community well, but if you are among a few others then provide what they do not provide the Body of Christ.

As a Ministry. Not in it for money. Can't make a living, due to my handicap. All I can do is use the money collected to pay the bills and keep everything running smoothly.

Dan <><

P.S. Since we have several Christian talkers, already, I'm going to do mostly music. (Traditional and Lighter sounding tunes from 3 A.M. till 9 P.M. and do the Rock and Rap leaning tunes from 9 P.M. till 3 A.M.) I believe this is God's will for the radio station.

Last edited:
R.D.P. if you believe you've received the Lord's direction as to the format then that is what you should do. Sounds like a reasonable format to me.

Are you running your LP radio station as a business or a ministry? Are you trying to make a profit or simply pay the bills? You are faced with a problem that surly is an issue for many Christian Radio Stations be they CCM, Hymn based, or Christian Spoken Word, etc. Music is a very personal thing, both in the secular world and in the Christian world. There are older Praise and Worship songs that most contemporary Evangelical churches won't do in their services, because they'll tell you we don't want to offend the younger folks [they won't use any song over 5 years old, I'm serious]. Yet for me, an older believer, those older praise and worship songs lift me to the heights of worship. You are faced with such a problem. Are there other Christian stations in your listening area? If so what do they play? What do you believe God is putting on your heart to play? It's one thing to be a business man, but you also need to include the CEO [Christ] of your business in what your radio station will aim to be.

I am a Lutheran now and have been for about 5 years. Anyhow in our church we use hymns and chants from 500 years ago. We also sing the "newer" hymns like an Old Rugged Cross. We have a small Praise Band that does both those older praise songs from the 1970's through the 1990's, and today's praise music from 2000 to today. So our church is a paradise for someone like me who can worship with all those forms of Godly Music. Sadly many Christians aren't able to do that, thus your problem with trying to program your radio station. If you're the only Christian station in your listening area then possibly some sort of block programming might serve your community well, but if you are among a few others then provide what they do not provide the Body of Christ.

Can we drop the purely religious discussion? Please?! I am not interested in discussing religion with you.

Can we drop the purely religious discussion? Please?! I am not interested in discussing religion with you.

rbrucecarter5, My comments were not directed towards you, but towards R.D.P. and were not purely religious. I made some valid points that as a Christian business person and an operator of a so called "Christian Radio Station" might want to consider. If that offends you, then too bad so sad.

So are you one of those college kids when someone says something they don't like they become "scared" and run to their safe place??? Grow up.

Done moved on from this subject. Already have laid out my plans for Jesus Radio. Not backing down from them. Working on getting the building phase started. Hope to do it soon.

Dan <><

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom