• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why Full Time CCM Is Off The Table For Now

Let's change the subject shall we. Done moved on from Moody. Let them have their talk and preaching. It still their bread and butter.

God has just informed me, that the original plan is what He wants. Jukebox from 3 A.M. till 9 P.M. and Amplify from 9 P.M. till 3 A.M. daily.

Was thinking about starting up Amplify, at an earlier time. However, God didn't want that to happen.

Will obey His wishes and do as I'm told.

It's His blessing and I'm not going to keep it from coming whatsoever.

Dan <><

P.S. Thanks to everyone who tried to play PD with me. I appreciate it. Now going to get busy and build out Jesus Radio. Hope to have success, once I get started.

Last edited:
Exciting News From Jesus Radio Land!

Starting next month, I'm going to build.

Hope to be on by December.

Dan <><

P.S. On the premier broadcast of this radio station, my first song will be this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQLLHpoLrtI On the premier broadcast of Amplify, this will be the first song played: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV5NAigMPKA Love both these musicians. They continue to bless me, when I listen to their tunes.

B.T.W. From a fellow panhead, to everyone reading, have a nice day.

Last edited:
The building phase is officially on. We're now working on getting Jesus Radio up and running. Hope to be on before December 2016.

Dan <><

P.S. An amazing thing happened to me, on my way to see the tower again. While me and the builder was looking, we discovered it had an antenna on it. I'm glad he caught that. Now he has the antenna and is working on getting it tuned to 93.3 FM. Sometime next week, the antenna and tower will be moved to the studio building, resurrected and then put together. Things are getting very exciting here on Park Avenue.

B.T.W. If I get that donated antenna, Mr. Chris Hall promised me, then I'll have a spare one just in case I need it.

Personal Note: Get ready for Amplify, Mr. Bruce. Going to bring it to you, after I officially sign on.

The builder just contacted me today. His wife is having heart issues. The doctors are now working on getting her healed. Once that happens, then Jesus Radio will begin the long awaited building phase. Hope we can start sometime next month. Still have plans of doing Amplify, at night, for the rock and rap fanbase.

That's where I am with Jesus Radio, for those wondering.

Dan <><

The builder contacted me, a few minutes ago. His wife is doing better. Going to run a few more tests on her. Once that has happened and she's been cleared, then the building phase will begin. If anyone reading knows of someone that has a transmitter they want to donate or sell for a low price, let me know. Looking for one.

Dan <><

Just got my hands on a 250 watt transmitter. Won't be sent, till I almost get on the air. Now looking for a 20 watt exciter. If you know of anyone that has one, let me know. I'll take it donated if possible. Jesus Radio is coming to pass. I'm excited over it.

Dan <><

P.S. Amplify is still on every night from 9 P.M. till 3 A.M., Mr. Bruce and all my hardcore music fans. Dan isn't backing down from that.

Just got my hands on a 250 watt transmitter. Won't be sent, till I almost get on the air. Now looking for a 20 watt exciter. If you know of anyone that has one, let me know. I'll take it donated if possible. Jesus Radio is coming to pass. I'm excited over it.

Dan <><

P.S. Amplify is still on every night from 9 P.M. till 3 A.M., Mr. Bruce and all my hardcore music fans. Dan isn't backing down from that.

If you need any help identifying a playlist for it, let me know. Do you want to go all rock, or add in hip-hop like NGEN? I have some doubts about a couple of songs on the NGEN playlist, but I am usually proved wrong. I definitely would want to screen the song "Uncomfortable" a bit more before clearing it for airplay on a Christian station. Make a mistake - and you will hear about it from the opposition.

If you're as committed to "Amplify" as you claim, why six of the least listened to hours in a broadcast day. That audience listens most in the car and during afternoon drive. Why not 3pm to 9 (or 11) pm?

Two factors are involved in this one.

1. God wanted it that way. I had plans of starting the show up at 3 P.M. but God continues to talk me out of it. He knew exactly what He wanted for this radio station.
2. Much of my support will come from the Adult populace anyway. This city has more of them living here.

Dan <><

P.S. Glad that Amplify is going to be heard on here. God didn't have to bless me with this request. He could've said no Dan. So glad He didn't and is allowing me to do this program.

Last edited:
I want this program to mix the Rock and Rap leaning tunes.

Dan <><

I would think you could get a lot of good ideas from the NGEN playlist. I am not 100% positive about every single song, but they are doing an excellent job of finding tracks for airplay. If all you did was copy their playlist, you cannot go wrong.

Something I have noticed - sometimes you may be overthinking things. Find God's will, then move on it. Satan is the one introducing doubts and distractions.

Bluntly, Mr. Carter...if your implication of Satan introducing doubts is directed at my questioning why "Amplify" will air at a time of day when most of its target audience will not be listening to radio, I strongly resent it.

The gentleman who hopes to put this radio station on the air is a first time broadcaster with close to no experience in radio station programming or operations. Perhaps you feel I'm mistaken but I personally believe that those of us who can should be offering help and asking questions.

There are certain truths, (dare I say immutable characteristics) to the whole of radio programming. Time of day and listening location are two of those. In the case of "Amplify," 9pm to 3am is anything but the ideal time for reaching the show's target audience.

Aren't you, Mr. Carter, the one who always always reminds us, correctly, that the higher the audience -- the higher the number of salvations and support dollars?

Yes, this gentleman may well be correct in saying that God wants the show at that time. But before inferring that questioning the time reflects Satan attempting to cast doubt and distraction, I would sooner ask how Dan is certain that what he hears truly is of God? Is Dan, and by what standard is Dan, testing all things?

Last edited:
Bluntly, Mr. Carter...if your implication of Satan introducing doubts is directed at my questioning why "Amplify" will air at a time of day when most of its target audience will not be listening to radio, I strongly resent it.

The gentleman who hopes to put this radio station on the air is a first time broadcaster with close to no experience in radio station programming or operations. Perhaps you feel I'm mistaken but I personally believe that those of us who can should be offering help and asking questions.

There are certain truths, (dare I say immutable characteristics) to the whole of radio programming. Time of day and listening location are two of those. In the case of "Amplify," 9pm to 3am is anything but the ideal time for reaching the show's target audience.

Aren't you, Mr. Carter, the one who always always reminds us, correctly, that the higher the audience -- the higher the number of salvations and support dollars?

Yes, this gentleman may well be correct in saying that God wants the show at that time. But before inferring that questioning the time reflects Satan attempting to cast doubt and distraction, I would sooner ask how Dan is certain that what he hears truly is of God? Is Dan, and by what standard is Dan, testing all things?

I had no intention of personally attacking you. Dan has had a constant stream of detractors ever since he began this effort. The anti-Christian rock forces have been out in force against him. I actually think your idea of more hours for Amplify is a good idea. It covers kids when they get out of school, young professionals when they get off work. I would like to see the Amplify format also during morning drive. However, Dan is the station owner. The schedule and format is up to him. I pray for his success because he has a heart for young people, and our suggestions are merely minor adjustments to God's vision for the station - that God gave him. There have been forces trying to change it to full time gospel, full time AC CCM, etc. If God gave him a vision of a station for young people - then those forces that have been trying to get him to flip before the station even signs on are out of bounds. You were not out of bounds by suggesting a modification of the hours of a particular show.

This is our first all local Christian radio station, we've ever had. I may be new to this but I know where God is leading me. He wants me to reach out to the more traditional and CCM styled tunes during the day and do Amplify, at night. That's how things will be for now.

When He allows me to make any changes, then I'll do it. Till then, the programming content is staying as is.

As of this post, I'm still asking God to let Amplify be heard at an earlier time than 9 P.M. He's still turning me down, on that request. Unless He wants the show to be heard, earlier than 9 P.M., that's where it'll stay. God already knows what He wants for Jesus Radio and I won't be able to change it. To do so, would only lead me into trouble.

And...This show will be heard. Not backing down from airing it period. God still wants me to devote six hours a day for it. He wants me to reach out to the hardcore music fan base, as well.

Dan <><

Last edited:
(As I was writing the following, Dan offered his reply. Despite that, I'll let this stand. I think it's worth consideration.)

That's good to read, Mr. Carter. I trust you'll forgive my apparent over-reaction.

I certainly agree with much of what you've said. Dan has always battled with overthinking it all. The problem that I see isn't so much an anti-Christian rock crowd in Selma. (I know there was a person who objected to his playing a Tait track in church but I doubt if many really know what Christian rock or rap truly is.) To me it seems more a fear on Dan's part over what to program. Not wanting to offend his parents or his church.

And frankly, I've never seen a consistent mission or vision for the station. It seems like he's held to plans for this current format longer than any thing else. But I sense that much of what he writes here is an attempt to simply reassure himself. Lacking in the most basic of skills in operating a radio station, it makes sense that he would. But as I said, I think sometimes questions need to be asked. Old "pros" like some around here can help with that.

Like I said earlier. It comes down to testing all things. It's easy to write "God told me so." It can at time be much more difficult to confirm that. Especially when you're dealing with input and pressure from family and friends who have no real sense of what that music is or how it can impact the community. We fear the unknown. We never want to be a odds with loved ones and friends. So often times, we conform. Southern gospel or AC instead of acting out on that initial vision.

As he first talked about Selma and Christian music radio, it seemed Dan's real vision is impacting the divisions that hurt Selma, focusing on teens and young adults. I suspect we all know that doing so will be far more difficult when the music that will reach those young people is buried at night. There'll always be those who want to stop those efforts. They don't matter. The ones who do are the ones usually more difficult to find. Those who can grasp the vision and find the resources to contribute to make it so.

Last edited:
I may be new to this but I know what the people want. Many have stated they wanted to hear the traditional tunes during the day. I made that promise and intend to keep it. Wish I could do Amplify, at an earlier time then 9 P.M. but God continues to turn me down on it. Unless He wants me to air it earlier, I intend to keep the show where it is now.

But how do you know what the people want? Unless you step out of your comfort zone and into parts of the Selma community that I suspect you rarely, if ever, see. Much of what you say appears to come from input by those in your personal sphere of influence. Family, friends, a few local radio people. You don't build a radio station from that type of circumstantial evidence.

Just found an Exciter for the radio station. It's coming from Mr. Leo Ashcraft's LPFM radio store. Once I get this item, then we can start building. And yes...The programming content is staying put, unless God Himself wants me to change it.

Dan <><

P.S. Hope to premier Amplify, for you Mr. Bruce and all my hardcore music fans, by the middle of January 2017.

Park Avenue is getting busy. Selma's new radio station is now being built. Hope to premier it by late January 2017.

Dan <><

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom