Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Unbuilt 96.9 translator, W245BY Mobile moving to BFE

That WMZ-FM gives fits to WXRR out of Hattiesburg on the MS coast. It didn't used to be a problem, I'm wondering if someone down in the swampland decided to crank the power up higher than they should. I hear it A LOT here in Baldwin County.

104.5 started deep in the swamps targeting NO with Hip Hop while trying to get FCC approval to move closer to NO. A hurricane destroyed the station in year one. Back one air with new location and another hurricane killed it. Finally I believe the FCC allowed them to move to higher ground closer to NO. I have no idea when the current site went live. The RDS showing WMZ-FM had me stunned trying to figure out where that 3 letter call was coming from. I think this station's first owner never ran a commercial before the station was destroyed. A hot topic back in the day on the old boards.
    Or I could be completely wrong.
    Poledo

First W243CY went to pasture, now W223BX, another new CP has been modified to drop it from 250 to 10 watts. It's still showing it'll be on the Shelton Beach Road tower relaying WRKH but obviously this is to keep it out of the way like the 96.9 translator.

Plans, eh?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234