• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FEBRUARY 2016 PPMs.....

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb047

I think the market has become so STALE nobody really cares about ratings anymore. I just know recently.....with nothing on 10 stations all at once....I've just turned off my radio several times and listened to the traffic.

Let's see...
WSB AM on top now for 2 months in a row....V-103 down to 2nd place.
Most others holding stead or up or down a notch.
Now back to you Steve & Vicky.....

It looks like someone at Cumulus has figured out that making 100.5 an alternative to 97.1 will slowly pay off. I still question the morning show but several folks on this board claim it brings in serious revenue. 106.7 must have some terrific demos because new talk with local hosts is expensive to run.

A look at the Cloud Company's results with several of the better signals in the market shows why they are headed straight down the dumper.

A look at the Cloud Company's results with several of the better signals in the market shows why they are headed straight down the dumper.

I still can't believe that Q100 let Star 94-1 steal the 10 songs in-a-row position. Yes, Q100 still plays 10 in a row, and the jock does mention that 10 in a row are coming up. But they now go into the 10 songs with a station jingle instead of a sweeper introducing 10 in a row. And Star has made 10 in a row part of the main positioner for the station (along with Jeff & Jenn).

There have been times--when The Beat signed on to compete against Star 94, for example--when somebody challenged a station's established positioning. Star 94's response was to copy the promos on The Beat and claim Star was the station that played all the hits. People tend to believe the leading station, which at that time was Star.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom