• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Power 96.1 Morning Show Out?

DoctorRadio997

Regular Participant
I was checking out Power this morning and only heard Reilly on the air. She wasn't making any reference to Scotty K., she just kept saying it was "The Power 96.1 Morning Show".

I just checked out the Power website and it seems like the morning show is gone. There's no reference to them at all. Anyone know what's up?

Does anyone else remember back when a morning show would get blown out that the thread would go on for days? Now it seems no one cares at all.

"Morning show? What's that?" Used to be that AM drive was the biggest revenue generator of all dayparts, and by a mile. Local content and local hosts.

Gary McKee, Yetta Levitt, Willis the Guard & Red Neckerson
Rhubarb Jones
Mike Roberts
Moby
Chistopher Rude
Ross & Wilson
Dale O'Brien
Steve McCoy, John Young & Mary Glenn Lassiter (later Vikki Locke)
Jeff Jensen & Lorna Love
Jim & John
Randy & Spiff
Mark & Steve
Tom Hughes (cue the trumpet fanfare!)
Frank Ski
Bobby Harper & Kathy Fischman
Chase & Woodside

Those days are sorely missed.

Last edited:
I was checking out Power this morning and only heard Reilly on the air. She wasn't making any reference to Scotty K., she just kept saying it was "The Power 96.1 Morning Show".

I just checked out the Power website and it seems like the morning show is gone. There's no reference to them at all. Anyone know what's up?

I just read this on AllAccess.com. I thought they were a good music-intensive alternative to the competing morning shows. Not that either one is a stellar talent, but they seemed to be getting the job done.

The station is doing really well right now. Best ratings ever. Why make changes at the station now when their ratings are at their highest? Makes me thing something else is going on here.

Unbelievable.....Just.... Wow. Def two of the nicest guys. Scotty and Bret helped put together my surprise proposal to my husband. Hung out with them several times since then. We never listened to them on air much as we both work 2nd shift. But, damn.....Really surprising they were let go. Hope this won't negatively effect the station as a whole. It's definitely sounding great these days.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Elvis Duran...LOL! There is definitely something much deeper going on here. The timing of this move makes no sense. Hopefully someone can get some insight on this and fill us in.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Elvis Duran...LOL! There is definitely something much deeper going on here. The timing of this move makes no sense. Hopefully someone can get some insight on this and fill us in.

I was thinking the same thing. Uggh!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom