Power 96.1 Morning Show Out?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power 96.1 Morning Show Out?

Power 96.1 Morning Show Out?

I was checking out Power this morning and only heard Reilly on the air. She wasn't making any reference to Scotty K., she just kept saying it was "The Power 96.1 Morning Show".

I just checked out the Power website and it seems like the morning show is gone. There's no reference to them at all. Anyone know what's up?

Does anyone else remember back when a morning show would get blown out that the thread would go on for days? Now it seems no one cares at all.

"Morning show? What's that?" Used to be that AM drive was the biggest revenue generator of all dayparts, and by a mile. Local content and local hosts.

Gary McKee, Yetta Levitt, Willis the Guard & Red Neckerson
    Rhubarb Jones
    Mike Roberts
    Moby
    Chistopher Rude
    Ross & Wilson
    Dale O'Brien
    Steve McCoy, John Young & Mary Glenn Lassiter (later Vikki Locke)
    Jeff Jensen & Lorna Love
    Jim & John
    Randy & Spiff
    Mark & Steve
    Tom Hughes (cue the trumpet fanfare!)
    Frank Ski
    Bobby Harper & Kathy Fischman
    Chase & Woodside

Those days are sorely missed.
    Last edited by MrRadio; 02-26-2016 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRadio997 View Post
    I was checking out Power this morning and only heard Reilly on the air. She wasn't making any reference to Scotty K., she just kept saying it was "The Power 96.1 Morning Show".

I just checked out the Power website and it seems like the morning show is gone. There's no reference to them at all. Anyone know what's up?
    I just read this on AllAccess.com. I thought they were a good music-intensive alternative to the competing morning shows. Not that either one is a stellar talent, but they seemed to be getting the job done.

The station is doing really well right now. Best ratings ever. Why make changes at the station now when their ratings are at their highest? Makes me thing something else is going on here.

Where's Rodney The Ho when we need him??

I'm here. Personally just heard about this. I guess they're keeping Riley around to do a music intensive show for the moment. They only dumped Scotty Kay and producer Bret Mega. Makes no sense to me after the station had its best monthlies in its history and the morning show finished 2nd 18-34 behind only Bert and ahead of V-103 and Hot...

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2016...ter-two-years/

Unbelievable.....Just.... Wow. Def two of the nicest guys. Scotty and Bret helped put together my surprise proposal to my husband. Hung out with them several times since then. We never listened to them on air much as we both work 2nd shift. But, damn.....Really surprising they were let go. Hope this won't negatively effect the station as a whole. It's definitely sounding great these days.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Elvis Duran...LOL! There is definitely something much deeper going on here. The timing of this move makes no sense. Hopefully someone can get some insight on this and fill us in.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioDoogie View Post
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Elvis Duran...LOL! There is definitely something much deeper going on here. The timing of this move makes no sense. Hopefully someone can get some insight on this and fill us in.
    I was thinking the same thing. Uggh!

Follow the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast