• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NGEN to get a full power signal in Houston.

xmusicmatt

Star Participant
Announced earlier today KSBJ is purchasing KUHA 91.7 and will be placing it’s NGEN format on it. This will give NGEN a full power signal in the Houston area.

This is something a lot of us have been praying for. The original vision of KSBJ as envisioned by Buddy Holiday was a station that would reach young people. At one time, they had extremely good shows like "The Rock of Love" playing the very best Christian rock. They seem to have lost that vision for a time and succumbed to the praise and worship movement that decimated CCM in the 90's. I was so happy they recaptured the original mission of KSBJ by launching NGEN. I was a heavy financial supporter of the station when it was starting up 34 years ago. But I do not support praise and worship. My mission is young people, because they are the future of the church. If we don't tell them that we care - today - there may not BE a church tomorrow. They don't generally have the resources to support a Christian station catering to them. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. It means adults need to step up to the plate and support a station that WILL reach their kids, instead of blindly supporting music only THEY like on Christian stations, like lukewarm praise and worship style CCM. It is a blessed day here in Houston - the FM radio dial just became a place that is a lot better, especially for Christian kids. And I am happy as I can be for KSBJ, which once again has proved that they believe in the mission of Buddy Holiday - and are going to once again broadcast a full power over the air station that will reach young people, and hopefully NEVER sell them out to the praise and worship crowd, and the ilk of haters like Bill Gothard.

I couldn't agree more with you, Bruce. What an amazing inclusion into the KSBJ family to acquire the 50kW former K-TRU. I believe they've paid entirely too much for KUHA myself, but it's not my money. I wish them the best with the new purchase. Well stated, this City has been primed and ready for NGEN for awhile, and methinks EMF may have some future issues keeping donations flowing in from Houston with NGEN entering the foray.

To Mr. Bruce: Rock on with this new radio station. I hope it'll meet the needs of the intended targeted audience and provide them with a much needed service.

To everyone else reading: Wish I could be like NGEN, once I sign on. Oh well, better obey God and let Him take care of the rest. As of this posting, most of my building donations are still coming from the older populace. Hence the reason why I'll have to do for them during the midday hours. The CCM will dominate the remaining slots, I have opened for music.

Have a nice day and enjoy your new radio station, Mr. Bruce. I would love to listen with you. The songs would be up my alley too.

Dan <><

Last edited:
Bumping this thread to update that Classical 91-7 KUHA is now running announcements that the classical programming will be leaving the frequency in June, so the N-GEN programming looks to be launching on the 50kW C2 within the next few weeks.

Air 1, N-GEN, and the CCM powerhouse KSBJ all bringing the Christian message to Houstonians and Southeast Texans on full power facilities. It's a good time for believers in this great market.

Bumping this thread to update that Classical 91-7 KUHA is now running announcements that the classical programming will be leaving the frequency in June, so the N-GEN programming looks to be launching on the 50kW C2 within the next few weeks.

Air 1, N-GEN, and the CCM powerhouse KSBJ all bringing the Christian message to Houstonians and Southeast Texans on full power facilities. It's a good time for believers in this great market.

Yes - it will be a real blessing! No more NGEN dropouts when I drive around. No more deep fringe DX of 99.5 translator 30 miles away. A real answer to prayer. I am working with youth groups to get the word out -

The launch of NGEN on 91.7 in Houston has happened!

Hope this new radio station will have success.

Now for some great news, from Selmaland. After much Praying and communicating with other people, Dan is going full time CCM with Jesus Radio. God made it official last night. He wants me to serve something different here in Selma. No more of this me wanting to clone everyone else. Going to be a real breath of fresh air, after I sign on. Ready to get WPJB Music Jukebox (CCM block) and Amplify (Rock and Rap block) on the air and broadcasting. The 18-54 year crowd is fixing to get a Christian radio station, of their very own, for the first time ever in this city. Thank you God for allowing me to help make it possible. I appreciate it. Now that the content issue has finally been settled, Dan is one happy and excited camper indeed. My dream for bringing a full time CCM broadcast to this community is being realized now. Glad that the miracle is fixing to happen. Praise be to God!

Dan is now standing firm on the content. No more backing down or listening to these other voices, who thought they knew God's will for me. Now that me and God are excited about this new radio station, we can now work on getting it built and in business. Hope to be on by December 2016.

Let's now return to our original post, still in progress. I'm rooting for NGEN to have major success and help lead many lost people to Jesus Christ.

Dan <><

Last edited:
Hope this new radio station will have success.

Now for some great news, from Selmaland. After much Praying and communicating with other people, Dan is going full time CCM with Jesus Radio. God made it official last night. He wants me to serve something different here in Selma. No more of this me wanting to clone everyone else. Going to be a real breath of fresh air, after I sign on. Ready to get WPJB Music Jukebox (CCM block) and Amplify (Rock and Rap block) on the air and broadcasting. The 18-54 year crowd is fixing to get a Christian radio station, of their very own, for the first time ever in this city. Thank you God for allowing me to help make it possible. I appreciate it. Now that the content issue has finally been settled, Dan is one happy and excited camper indeed. My dream for bringing a full time CCM broadcast to this community is being realized now. Glad that the miracle is fixing to happen. Praise be to God!

Dan is now standing firm on the content. No more backing down or listening to these other voices, who thought they knew God's will for me. Now that me and God are excited about this new radio station, we can now work on getting it built and in business. Hope to be on by December 2016.

Let's now return to our original post, still in progress. I'm rooting for NGEN to have major success and help lead many lost people to Jesus Christ.

Dan <><

You would not be the only station owner who was conflicted and pulled in different directions by various interests. I know of the owner of one of the most influential CCM stations in the country - whose heart was not really in the format initially. But God has blessed that station beyond all expectations, so any doubts he had have been answered.

From a purely secular point of view - you found a major format hole in Selma, you are filling that hole, even if God was not in the picture you will be a success.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom