• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Good small town ACs?

Probably the best of them all is a station in Klamath Falls, Oregon...KKRB 106.9, "Sunny 107". Mostly local with John Tesh at night. Excellent playlist, one of the best I've ever heard in the Soft Rock genre. To this day I still don't know how many songs are in their library, but it must be over 2,000. Huge mix of 1970s-today music, with a lot of RARE singles and even album cuts mixed in. At least 3/4th of the library are songs that the big-wig consultants wouldn't even touch.
Most of the other small-town ACs seem to be satellite, or the playlist is too "major-market" to enjoy for long. But if we do find more ACs out there similar to KKRB, more power to them.

Probably the best of them all is a station in Klamath Falls, Oregon...KKRB 106.9, "Sunny 107". Mostly local with John Tesh at night. Excellent playlist, one of the best I've ever heard in the Soft Rock genre. To this day I still don't know how many songs are in their library, but it must be over 2,000. Huge mix of 1970s-today music, with a lot of RARE singles and even album cuts mixed in. At least 3/4th of the library are songs that the big-wig consultants wouldn't even touch.

Klamath Falls OR is an unrated market. They couldn't afford a consultant*, nor do they need one, because they are subject to far less competition and listeners will "put up with" songs that would otherwise cause tuneout.

The concept of "smaller market = larger playlist" is discussed in greater detail on this other thread tall_guy started:
http://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?692867-Larger-towns-much-narrower-playlists

* - P.S. Stop putting down consultants, please. It's not whether or not we would "touch" specific songs, it's that research involving actual listeners tell us that certain songs will cause people to change stations. Even if you happen to like some of them, if the majority doesn't, we don't play them. Our job is to make sure the highest number of people stay tuned in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom