• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Most conservative Hot AC stations?

tall_guy1

Star Participant
I'm talking about ones that are not very rhythmic at all, and play more rock/melodic leaning music? One example I think is WNNK in Harrisonburg, PA. Have any examples?:confused:

WMYB Star 92.1 was the only AC (not counting WEZV which claimed to be soft AC but was really easy listening) in Myrtle Beach SC. There are others now but no one has ever heard of them except people who post here. If it is actually Hot AC, it just barely qualifies. Back when it changed, AC didn't sound like it does now so it had definitely crossed the line. Now, I'm not so sure. And my perception is it does lean rock.

Just to clarify, I didn't say I haven't heard rhythmic songs, but I remember more rock songs such as "Pour Some Sugar om Me". My first memory of listening to the station after the change includes "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi, a song which the DJ must have identified because I wouldn't know the latest from Nickelback but I would certainly recognize their lead singer, and "Music" by Madonna, which would qualify as rhythmic. I also remember hearing "I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas which might be rhythmic also. "Second Chance" by Shinedown is another one I remember. And more recently, the station was obsessed with "Uma Thurman" the last time I went to the beach. I'm not sure which side that one is on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom