"I'm not a robot"

Thread: "I'm not a robot"

Angry "I'm not a robot"

What's the deal with the "I'm not a robot" page that pops up occasionally? It has severely affected my ability to reply to PMs and edit posts.

The formatting is all screwed up; there's some giant orange triangle image on the right side of the screen, which implies I'm not seeing all the content, but all my ad blockers/flash blocking stuff is disabled on this site, so everything should be getting through.

It's very frustrating to be composing a long PM or replying to a post only to have it intervene and fail. Most of the time I back up to the previous screen and my entire response is gone and cannot be restored. I can click the box that I'm not a robot, which brings up the green check mark, but then I get a white screen and nothing sends/posts. It's completely random, too. Sometimes it does it every time, sometimes things go through without intervention.

I don't mind proving I'm not a robot if it prevents spam and hacking, but it really needs to work correctly. Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this problem?

I've had the issue in both Chrome (two or three versions) as well as Vivaldi browser.
    Last edited by tomservo; 02-04-2016 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Seeing if I can trigger the message. Oh well.

K.M. Richards
    I'm not having a problem with the captcha screen causing a loss of messages, but I'm on the latest version of Firefox.

purpledevil
    But...but...you ARE a robot, Tom Servo. Your companion even sports the last name!

Traitor. Joel Robinson would be ashamed.

All you need to do is click "I am not a robot" and wait for the green checkmark and then click "Submit".
    I get this screen several times per day. It's designed to prevent spambots from posting.
    Last edited by frankberry; 02-05-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purpledevil View Post
    But...but...you ARE a robot, Tom Servo. Your companion even sports the last name!

Traitor. Joel Robinson would be ashamed.
    Ah, so it thinks I'm lying!