• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Old School 87.7 or there abouts

HGR1290

Frequent Participant
Old School 99.3 is now down on 87.75 (aka 87.7) My late model car radio only goes down to 89.9, so all I get is some slop from it.

Hey,, it sounds good, at least it is something different, oldies soul...Is this where the Spanish signal was?

I actually love this, with all the Bullshit that clear channel and cox and clueless throw at us this is great..Plus no commercials....

OLDSCHOOL 87.7
http://www.oldschool877.com/

Last edited:
How much longer do these analog LPTV Channel 6 Franken-FMs have before the FCC forces them off the air?

It better than the other **** up the dial...Playing Al Green right now, I love it.

max100. Watch your language.
Frank Berry

Last edited by a moderator:
How much longer do these analog LPTV Channel 6 Franken-FMs have before the FCC forces them off the air?

It was supposed to be September 1 of last year, except that the FCC suspended that deadline in October 2014, saying that LPTV stations ...
... "are a source of diverse and local programming for viewers, especially in rural and remote locations."
The Commission has set no new deadline for the low-power analog shutdown and is allegedly researching the potential impact of the incentive auction and the repacking process on LPTV and TV translator stations.

This old school R&B format is the original format they launched with on OLD SCHOOL 99.3. They quickly switched over to classic hip hop the same time or a week before BOOM 102.9 and OG 97.9 came on air.

This old school R&B format on 87.7 is what Atlanta has been missing Urban wise. KISS 104.1 once played all old school R&B, but they started adding newer music and now they've added classic hip hop to keep listeners from BOOM and OG.

It's a bit weird they are playing the drops from 99.3. The TOH id's as WTBS, Channel 6, Old School 87.7. Any chance of Hegwood placing OLD SCHOOL on 101.1 FM? That signal has a permit to move closer to Atlanta off Briarcliff.

Last edited:
Old School 87.7 sounds great!!! Now if we can only get a Classic/Greatest Hits station!

Last edited:
Tell that to Cox, Clueless or Foggy Channel.

You're going to need to come up with a new derogatory nickname for that third company.

Clear Channel renamed itself iHeart Media over a year ago.

Wasn't there a post stating OLD SCHOOL 87.7 has no license and this post was going to be terminated?

I would vehemently disagree that 87.7 has NO license. According to fcc.gov they clearly are licensed. Now whether they are operating according to their license is another story. 3000 watts, my backside. Of course, it IS on a tall TV tower unlike, say, a class A FM. And like an FM translator, but 3000W and not 250W.

But how many times have we pointed out that some class D AM daytimer left their day signal on all night?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom