• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What is the oldest song your classic country station will play?

San Francisco is worse as they haven't had a full-market country station in years and many large country tours skip the Bay Area completely

Where would tours go in San Francisco? The Cow Palace? That's where they played in the 90s.

Right now they tend to go to the Mountain View amphitheater in the south bay, as you say, close to KRTY.

CAVEFM.com aka KAVV (FM) in Benson, AZ plays "Back in the Saddle Again" by Gene Autry which came out in 1939. But KHIL in nearby Willcox played "Jordan is a Hard Road to Travel" by Uncle Dave Macon. 1927 on that one. Amazingly that song pokes fun at evangelical Christianity.

I imagine they woke up one day and realized they couldn't attract any advertising playing 70 year old music. It's one thing if it was a public station, and asked people to donate money, but they're trying to run a local station with local talent. That's not easy to do. You look at the web site, and all it talks about is current music by Luke Combs and Chris Stapleton. I'd wonder if a format change is in the works.
I've never gotten the impression WBRF is having any trouble getting advertisers. There are businesses all over the listening area in small to medium size towns.

And besides, the really old songs were just a treat.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom