• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How many and list all of the Country stations you have preset on your car radio.

That 106.3 station can be removed. Yesterday was their first day of playing the rock and roll classics. (shaking my head)

Interesting....that was the original format the station had when it signed on in 2009. Then it went ESPN, then country.

Perhaps in four years, it'll return to country!

well since I moved and got new vehicle since my last post

FM
KATO 93.1 Mankato
**KCHK 95.5 New Prague
KBGY 107.5 Faribault...simulcast of KLCI 106.1 "Bob FM"

AM
KGLB 1310 Glencoe (satellite fed classic country...the old Jones Radio then Dial Global now Westwood1)
*KCHK 1350 New Prague

The reason there is a * ahead of KCHK is they do play classic country but only from 9-11:25AM M-F and they run the same satellite fed as the other 2 stations noted above but from 6p-5a M-F, saturdays it varies on start time (early as 11a, late as 2p) and Sunday nights from 9p-5a. They are a locally run station with a variety of music during the days (polkas, oldies, classic country) with some news thrown in. Sundays from 6a-9p its polkas except for the 4 church services they have in the mornings. The ** in front of KCHK FM is because most of the time its a simulcast of KCHK AM (no its not a FM translator) but KCHK AM is a MN Twins affiliate so they do split for that and also for high school sports.

Interesting....that was the original format the station had when it signed on in 2009. Then it went ESPN, then country.

Perhaps in four years, it'll return to country!
I don't know how long it was a country station this time around. I only found it like a year ago. It was a good one though. Everyone was played from Florida Georgia Line to the Oak Ridge Boys which is one of my last memories of the station. Earlier this week, I couldn't have been more happy to hear "Gonna Take A Lot Of River" on the radio again and it was that station doing the playing of it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The leader of that song is my newest favorite singer...if only I had discovered him sooner, I love the late beautiful precious SO much!!! (burying my head)

I haven't been in my car since I found out about the change but WLXN will be replaced, giving me four. I never did get around to adding WESC to the list but I did add a button for it last summer. I don't know why I never thought of trying it but it was better than I expected, when WPTL Canton NC was doing talk. I don't have a button for that one.

98.1 WBRF Galax, VA
550 WAME Statesville NC
92.5 WESC Greenville SC
1450 WWHK Myrtle Beach SC

And 1430 WMNC Morganton NC I can get to by pressing the WWHK button and the left button twice. WLXN, an oldies station, will require pressing the left button once.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom