• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How many and list all of the Country stations you have preset on your car radio.

CatCall

Frequent Participant
I have 9 from hometown Dover NH

93.3 WNHW – Belmont NH
95.3 WTBU – York ME
97.5 WOKQ – Dover NH
99.3 WBQQ – Kennebunk ME
101.7 WBWL – Lynn MA
101.9 WPOR – Portland ME
102.5 WKLB – Waltham MA
103.7 WPKQ – North Conway NH
1380 AM WMYF – Portsmouth NH

In my case just WBWL 101.7 Lynn MA, 102.5 WKLB Waltham MA and WOKQ 97.5 Dover NH but I wanted to mention this--one year, maybe 2008, I took a trip to Memphis but I actually flew to Nashville, stayed there one night (saw Country Hall of Fame and went to Ernest Tubb's Record Shop) then drove my rental car to Memphis for a few days, returning later to Nashville to
fly back.
Once I got my rental car I scanned the dial: FM--country, country, country, country etc; AM--country, country etc-well you get the idea. I forget just how many but hey it was Nashville.

The following are my country presets!

103.1 WIKQ Johnson City, TN
106.5 WJDT Morristown, TN
107.7 WIVK Knoxville, TN
99.9 WKSF Asheville, NC
96.9 WXBQ Bristol, TN
104.7 WLNQ White Pine, TN
100.3 WCYQ Knoxville, TN

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

98.1 WBRF Galax, VA
550 WAME Stateville NC
1490 WSTP Salisbury NC

I had one for 1430 WMNC Morganton NC but I only use that once a year. Well, once going to the mountains and once coming back. And I needed another button.

96.3 KSWG in Wickenburg, Arizona.

My wife is the country fan at our house, but even she doesn't have presets for all 7 of them.
So in Knoxville it's
95.7 Duke 95.7 (her favorite)
96.7 Merle FM
100.3 WCYQ Q100.3.
(being a transplant, she has no heritage with WIVK and barely knows they exist)

^^^ Merle FM 96.7 is a new preset that I have too as well as 106.3 WPFT of Pigeon Forge and 102.9 WDVX of Knoxville.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. That station that you mention here named The Duke, I had never heard of it before now, so thank you for mentioning it.

Last edited:
None at the moment.I use to have Country 92.5 WWYZ at the first preset.I'm not into the current crop of so called country artists.

My wife is the country fan at our house, but even she doesn't have presets for all 7 of them.
So in Knoxville it's
95.7 Duke 95.7 (her favorite)
96.7 Merle FM
100.3 WCYQ Q100.3.
(being a transplant, she has no heritage with WIVK and barely knows they exist)

I am surprised she doesn't listen to WKCE. About 1/3 of their playlist seems to be classic Country. I'm not a Country guy but I like most of the Country they play.

She doesn't like old obscure classic country like WKCE plays. Mostly 80s-90s and Duke hits the spot for her. I have the WKCE translator as a second tier preset for the occasional oldie I recognize.

I am surprised she doesn't listen to WKCE. About 1/3 of their playlist seems to be classic Country. I'm not a Country guy but I like most of the Country they play.

103.5 WTCM Traverse City
99.7 WDKF Sturgeon Bay, WI
94.9 WKZC Scottville
(the only three country stations receivable 95% of the time [there is a fourth but it's // to 99.7])

98.1 WBRF Galax, VA
550 WAME Stateville NC
1490 WSTP Salisbury NC

I had one for 1430 WMNC Morganton NC but I only use that once a year. Well, once going to the mountains and once coming back. And I needed another button.
Well, I have my button back. WSTP went under. actually, the button is for oldies WLXN but I only listen to that one out of curiosity.

WCTK New Bedford MA/Providence RI
WBWL Lynn/Boston MA
WKLB Waltham/Boston MA
Sometimes WOKQ Dover/Manchester/Portsmouth/Concord, NH
Occasionally WORC-FM Webster/Worcester MA

While at my second home in Cape Cod:
WCTK, WBWL and WKLB
WKPE So. Yarmouth/Hyannis MA
Sometimes WOKQ when the conditions are right

While at my second home in York County, ME:
WKLB, WBWL and WOKQ
WTBU York Center ME/Portsmouth NH
WBQQ Kennebunkport/Biddeford/Saco ME
WPOR Portland ME
WTHT Auburn/Lewiston/Portland. ME
WPKQ North Conway NH/Portland/Lewiston ME (the largest signal of all country stations east of the Mississippi)
Sometimes WMCM Rockland/Camden/Belfast ME, WCTK and WNHW Belmont/Concord/Laconia NH pop up (along with the former country station WOXO (now WEZR) Norway/Lewiston/Auburn ME/North Conway NH

lets see...only have 6 presets per band on the factory stereo (2 bands FM 1 AM) ;)
Local
KEEY 102.1 (K102) Minneapolis, MN...push seek right and KMNB 102.9 Buz'n Country is next
KLCI 106.1 (Bob 106) Elk River, MN

Lake House (30 miles east of Brainerd, MN or 100 miles north of Minneapolis)
KKIN 94.3 Aitkin, MN (satellite fed classic country...the old Jones Radio then Dial Global now Westwood1)...one seek down is KBLB 93.3 Nisswa new country
WWJO 98.1 St Cloud (they are one of only 2 Class C stations north of the Twin Cities...there are only 5 total in MN outside of the metro). So basically I could listen to it from my house in SW burbs of Minneapolis all the way to the lake house which is a 2 1/2 hour drive

AM
WVAL 800 Sauk Rapids/St Cloud classic country (locally owned/locally run)
KLGB 1310 Glencoe (25 miles west of me)...same satellite fed as KKIN
*KCHK 1350 New Prague, MN

The reason there is a * ahead of KCHK is they do play classic country but only from 9-11:25AM M-F and they run the same satellite fed as the other 2 stations noted above but from 6p-5a M-F, saturdays it varies on start time (early as 11a, late as 2p) and Sunday nights from 9p-5a. They are a locally run station with a variety of music during the days (polkas, oldies, classic country) with some news thrown in. Sundays from 6a-9p its polkas except for the 4 church services they have in the mornings

In the Detroit/Ann Arbor area, I have:
Consistent signals
93.1 WDRQ Detroit
99.5 WYCD Detroit
102.9 WWWW Ann Arbor
Not as strong as the three above, but come in often
93.7 WBCT Grand Rapids
94.1 WWDK Jackson (classic country)
95.1 WFBE Flint
95.9 CJWF Windsor, ON
98.3 WMIM Luna Pier (classic country)
99.9 WKKO Toledo, OH
100.7 WITL Lansing
103.7 WCKY Pemberville, OH
107.7 WPFX Luckey, OH

Recently my list has grown due to other country stations I have been able to pick up.

107.7 WIVK Knoxville, TN
99.9 WKSF Asheville, NC
96.9 WXBQ Bristol, TN
100.3 WCYQ Knoxville, TN
106.3 WPFT Sevierville, TN
102.9 WJFC Jefferson City, TN

99.5 WKDP Corbin, KY (I can barely get this one.)
95.7 WDKW Knoxville, TN
93.9 WMEV Marion, VA (I can barely get this one.)
93.5 WAXM Big Stone Gap, VA
93.3 WMTN Morristown, TN
92.3 WNPC Newport,TN

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The darker written stations are the ones that focus more on the legends.

^^^ No.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Another station that I recently discovered is WRGS in Rogersville, TN.

100.9 WAAI Hurlock, MD
101.5 WICO-FM Snow Hill, MD
87.7 Salisbury, MD (LP, never have quite caught the actual call, simulcast of WICO-FM/WOWZ)

All 3 are classic country. My ears won't let me listen to modern country for very long.

Recently my list has grown due to other country stations I have been able to pick up.

107.7 WIVK Knoxville, TN
99.9 WKSF Asheville, NC
96.9 WXBQ Bristol, TN
100.3 WCYQ Knoxville, TN
106.3 WPFT Sevierville, TN
102.9 WJFC Jefferson City, TN

99.5 WKDP Corbin, KY (I can barely get this one.)
95.7 WDKW Knoxville, TN
93.9 WMEV Marion, VA (I can barely get this one.)
93.5 WAXM Big Stone Gap, VA
93.3 WMTN Morristown, TN
92.3 WNPC Newport,TN

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The darker written stations are the ones that focus more on the legends.
That 106.3 station can be removed. Yesterday was their first day of playing the rock and roll classics. (shaking my head)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. It was a good station before then.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom