• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any other CHRs still play Rick Dees Top 40?

tall_guy1

Star Participant
I know Kansas City (Mix 93.3 KMXV) and Emporia (Kiss 103.1 KEKS) does, but that is about it--more play Romeo, Carson Daly, or Ryan Seacrest. Any other CHR still play Rick Dees and the Weekly Top 40?

I know Kansas City (Mix 93.3 KMXV) and Emporia (Kiss 103.1 KEKS) does, but that is about it--more play Romeo, Carson Daly, or Ryan Seacrest. Any other CHR still play Rick Dees and the Weekly Top 40?

I would think that just about anyone airing his regular daily show is also running AT40 but are you talking specifically about the "Weekly Top 40"?

I would think that just about anyone airing his regular daily show is also running AT40 but are you talking specifically about the "Weekly Top 40"?

KMXV doesn't air AT40 w/ Ryan Seacrest, they just air Rick Dees Weekly Top 40. I was talking specifically about his weekly countdown show, not daily show. I think I made a separate thread about that on the national radio board.

KMXV doesn't air AT40 w/ Ryan Seacrest, they just air Rick Dees Weekly Top 40. I was talking specifically about his weekly countdown show, not daily show. I think I made a separate thread about that on the national radio board.

I apologize profusely! I read "Rick Dees" but thought you meant "Ryan Seacrest". What do you think of that new guy, Casey Kasem? :)

I presume you mean the current version and not the repurposed old shows.

Google is once again your friend. Here are some of the stations that came up in a search for "Rick Dees" "Weekly Top 30":
KQSR (Star 100.9) Yuma AZ
KSTT (Coast 101.3) San Luis Obispo CA
CKIX (99.1 Hits FM) St. John's NL
WSKS (Kiss FM) Utica NY
KAKQ (Magic 101.1) Fairbanks AK
KQKY (Hits 106) Kearney NE

I checked each of the above to be sure it wasn't the "80s version". I'm sure the rest of you can similarly locate stations using Google.

Scripp's CHR WWST "Star 102.1" Knoxville, TN still carries Rick Dee's early Sat. mornings starting at 6am eastern. www.star1021fm.com Still my favorite countdown.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom