• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Smooth Jazz CD 101.9 is back online

But it sounds more professional than the other 2 stations also the layout of the website, the jingles and sound quality.

I listened for a little while over the weekend and I noticed they say "CD 101" instead of "CD 101.9". I wonder if there is a specific reason for that. Not that it matters anyway given the station is only online, but makes me wonder if "CD 101.9" was copyrighted or something.

Smooth Jazz CD101.9 New York Station - Update and Information

It's back as an online station. Wonder who is behind this (new?) project? Sounds nice with I thought it was the original imaging also.

http://www.smoothjazzcd1019.com/

Hi everyone -

We wanted to clarify some facts for you. Smooth Jazz CD101.9 New York is indeed being programed by Doug Sinclair from the Smooth Jazz Florida Network. The Jingles are the Original Jingles from the CD101.9 terrestrial station that were produced locally in New York by Smooth Jazz Artist Bob Baldwin; incidentally we run the Bob Baldwin Show on the station also during weekend hours. The CD101.9 's most popular stream is a 128 Kbps stream that is using the Telos Alliance Omnia 9 Digital Sound Processing ( all streams are using this ) which as you have noticed improves the sound quality considerably.

Smooth Jazz CD101 vs 101.9 - This was an error in the information given to the talent who produced the liners for us and will be modified during the month of November to reflect the 101.9 from the original Station information. Not a trademark issue.

Finally, we do broadcast from just outside of New York City in NJ for this stream ( truth in Advertising ).

Always looking for information and fine tuning of the stream from the NYC area - please feel free to provide us any direction you might have.

Best Regards - Doug Sinclair

The Omnia 9 product I am using is the Software Version and allows for up to 08 encoders per station. Other stations can be added to the mix however that requires a licensing fee per station. Doug Sinclair

Always looking for information and fine tuning of the stream from the NYC area - please feel free to provide us any direction you might have.

Doug,

Good to hear from you. The biggest suggestion I have is TuneIn. If you're not on one of the stream aggregators, like TuneIn, iHeartRadio, or RadioPup, I probably won't listen no matter how good you are. I don't download single station apps, and I don't usually have more than two tabs open on my work desktop.

Doug,

Good to hear from you. The biggest suggestion I have is TuneIn. If you're not on one of the stream aggregators, like TuneIn, iHeartRadio, or RadioPup, I probably won't listen no matter how good you are. I don't download single station apps, and I don't usually have more than two tabs open on my work desktop.

You don't need an app. Point your phone's web browser to the website and you can listen directly from the website. It worked fine for me.

Maybe more jingles and ID's with the mention of New York (City) in it so that it sounds like the real CD 101.9 is back? And I don't know if this is the real CD 101.9 format. Don't know anymore how it sounds on the air back in the day. Maybe you can use the format plan for each hour from then.

You don't need an app. Point your phone's web browser to the website and you can listen directly from the website. It worked fine for me.

No, you don't need an app, but I can't stand having more than a tab or two open for personal business at work. Plus, I try to keep my streaming apps down on my iPhone and iPad. I don't like navigating multiple apps, especially while mobile. Convenience is the issue, and we should have as many choices as possible to listen.

ELement9 Thanks - Audio is done through Omnia 9 Software from Telos Alliance - It was was kind of a quick and dirty website but it works. :) Doug

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom