• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Somebody go get this station

A

Anonymouse

This from AllAccess:
"CALVARY CHAPEL OF COSTA MESA, INC. has filed for an extension of its Silent STA for KWDS/KETTLEMAN CITY, CA "due to financial considerations" (the station is for sale and the license will be turned in if a buyer has not been found by DECEMBER 7th)."

Seems like a powerful signal, 50 KW. I'm not from CA but I just came across that and thought someone might be interested. It might be going for pretty cheap if they're that desperate...

It was first sold
for $ 150,000.00 by the first owner. It was not yet built. Then it was GIVEN to Calvary Chapel. Now - the asking price is $ 300,000.00.

Is it worth that --???

Then there is a new CP for a commercial station on 107.7 A.

Does Kettleman City need two radio stations?

Last edited:
It is a non commercial station. Religious and in California at that. Probably a tough sell.

It is a non commercial station. Religious and in California at that. Probably a tough sell.

Uh, California is the home of groups like Salem, Family Radio and EMF. We also have a large Sacred Heart Radio group based here, and just as many successful religious stations as the rest of the nation in proportion to the population.

Not sure if this link will work or not, but it's a vertical-only antenna with this fairly bizarre directional pattern:

https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/...&p330=0.393&p340=0.495&p350=0.624&p360=0.584&

Google seems to say that it was once on the air as part of the K-wave radio network, with several requests to go silent. The tower at that site is leased by Crown Castle, and their rates are typically higher than the average broadcaster can afford - especially in a rural area like this. No, I don't think anyone is going to be jumping after it.

Dave B.

Seems like a powerful signal, 50 KW. I'm not from CA but I just came across that and thought someone might be interested. It might be going for pretty cheap if they're that desperate...

Powerful, yes. But in the middle of no where.

I agree with others, probably not a lot of buyers interested.

Now running the "Greatest Hits" of the 70's and 80's. Looks like KZKC is working on a site relocation as well as working on some problems feeding the signal. Still showing "K - wave" ID on RDS. Some good music not found in Fresno nor Bakersfield radio.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom