Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Phone and email SPAM and SCAM alerts

I was being facetious.
    No irony there.

Quote Originally Posted by Silkie View Post
    I was being facetious.
    I figured that on the pricing.

I just figure it is the product of address culling somewhere along the line.

I got one of those scam emails claiming I've been hacked. Just for safety I did change my password but otherwise I deleted the message and ignored it and haven't seen anything else

Well, the double first names stopped for a while, but now I just got one from "Brenda Kayla".

I get a lot of these kinds of emails, and so do my parents. Not so much for me phonewise though, but my parents tend to really get these a lot.

I did a "Who Is" on two IP addresses on intrusion attempts, and they came back from The Netherlands. And malicious sites at that. Another one not long ago was Ukraine.
    No irony there.

From Tuesday afternoon around 4:40PM until 10AM yesterday morning I was receiving text messages every 20 minutes with CAT FACTS. When the first one came in there was an unsubscribe link and I tapped it, entered my phone number and it said "Number Not found". I tried it again and same result. After the 5th text I responded "UNSUBSCRIBE" and that didn't do anything. After the 7th message I responded "STOP" and it didn't stop. Since I shut my phone off to go to sleep when I woke up yesterday morning there were 25 texts with CAT FACTS waiting for me when I turned my phone back on. Then all of a sudden after getting one at 10AM yesterday they stopped and I haven't gotten one since. If they hadn't stopped I would've went to the Verizon store for help.
    Brammy

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mpbramhall82

My Retail Message Board: http://amesfanclub.com/forum/index.php

My Writing Portfolio: https://www.Writing.Com/authors/slydogg

Tune into The Freestyle Lives Show hosted by Richie Rich Sunday Nights 6PM-8PM (Eastern) on La Mega 101.7 (910) in Hartford, La Mega 94.9 (890) in Boston, and La Mega 95.1 (1400) in Lawrence.

Have received several variants of the following:

Landon <[email protected]> Today at 6:48 AM
    To
    (name)@yahoo.com
    Message body
    Hello (Name),

We have recently had some positions become avaiable and think you would make a great addition to for the team.

Your invite is attached, the password is 395622.

Have a great day,

Landon Delgado

-----

Different sender names, different passwords, slightly varying text, but will assume the same said to be PDF attachment which no doubt isn't exactly safe to open.

The car warranty guy hung up on me when I told him the car involved was a 1914 Duesenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioFan2J3 View Post
    The car warranty guy hung up on me when I told him the car involved was a 1914 Duesenberg.
    I usually tell them I have a 1985 Delorean time machine.

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast