• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phone and email SPAM and SCAM alerts

Wouldn't you know I thought the scam calls had slowed down for me, but I got another one today claiming I had won a free cruise. I immediately hung up.

I wish there was at least a way to send a slamming sound or some sort of irritating noise when you hang up on a scammer from a cell phone. :rolleyes:

SPAM and SCAM emails

You would not believe the number of SPAM emails that RadioDiscussions receives. Anyone else getting similar email?
I am not posting the links which were provided within the emails. If you post copies of your Spammy emails, please copy and paste only the text ... not the links.

Greetings My dear,

I bring peace and love to you. It is by the grace of god, I had no choice than to do what is lawful and right in the sight of God for eternal life and in the sight of man for witness of gods mercy and glory upon my life. My dear, I sent this mail praying it will found you in a good condition of health, since I myself are in a very critical health condition in which I sleep every night without knowing if I may be alive to see the next day. I am Mrs. Margaret Ragnvard, a widow suffering from long time illness. I have some funds I inherited from my late husband, the sum of (eleven million dollars) my Doctor told me recently that I have serious sickness which is cancer problem. What disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Having known my condition, I decided to donate this fund to a good person that will utilize it the way i am going to instruct herein. I need a very honest and God fearing person who can claim this money and use it for Charity works, for orphanages and gives justice and help to the poor, needy and widows says The Lord." Jeremiah 22:15-16.“ and also build schools for less privilege that will be named after my late husband if possible and to promote the word of god and the effort that the house of god is maintained.

I do not want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner. That's why I'm taking this decision. I'm not afraid of death, so I know where I'm going. I accept this decision because I do not have any child who will inherit this money after I die. Please I want your sincerely and urgent answer to know if you will be able to execute this project, and I will give you more information on how the fund will be transferred to your bank account. May the grace, peace, love and the truth in the Word of god be with you and all those that you love and care for. In the name of Yeshua Ha Mashiach, (Jesus the Christ) Halleluijah!

I am waiting for your reply.

[h=2]Attention Please,

I am Mr chris Goodluck. the head of file department of Bank of Africa(B.O.A) here in Burkina Faso / Ouagadougou. In my department we
discover an abandoned sum of (US$18million US Dollars) in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died along with his
family in plane crash.

It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this business proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of
kin or relation to the deceased for the safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it. I agree that 40% of this
money will be for you, while 60% would be for me. Then after the money is been transferred into your account, I will visit your country for
an investment under your kind control.

You have to contact my Bank directly as the real next of kin of this deceased account with next of kin application form. You have to send
me those your information below to enable me use it and get you next of kin application form from bank, so that you will contact Bank for
the transfer of this money into your account.

Your Full Name......................
Your Home Address..............
Your Age.............................
Your Handset Number...........
Your Occupation...................

I am waiting for your urgent respond to enable us proceed further for the transfer.

PLEASE CONTACT ME AT MY PRIVTE EMAIL
Yours faithfully,
Mr chris Goodluck.
[/h]

Good heavens! They get more innovative as time goes on. Fortunately their grammar still sucks.

And another. They come in faster than I can post them.

Sorry for interfering on your privacy, My Name is Joseph Gauter.
I work with Benzo Pharmaceuticals, London, United Kingdom.
I'm seeking for a joint partnership deal with a sincere and honest
person in India. I am seeking to know if there is a way you can assist
my company in supplying certain product, which is locally sourced and
preserved in India. My company was buying the same product at US$7000
per gallon from our former supplier. While our former supplier was
buying from the local dealer at US$3000 per gallon.
So, for every 1 gallon he supplied to my company,
he made US$4000 as profit per gallon.

Let me know, if you can stand as a supplier of the product.
I have the contact details of the local dealer in India.
You will only need to contact the local dealer, buy from him/her
and supply to my company, My Company will only require the sample
product from you, as a proof that you have the product available
with you before any bulk purchase. And once the sample is confirmed
by the company officer who would arrive in India to meet you for the business,
the company will make an upfront payment of 70% for the total 400 gallons to you,
as a mobilization payment, so if you are willing to partner with me in this mutual
business i will inform my company that i have contacted the supplier of the products.

I would like this to be a very confidential matter as nobody from my company
will know our arrangement.

And whatever profit you make, after deduction of expenses, you offer me 20% as my share,
for partaking in the business.

Thanks, as I wait for your positive answer via my alternate email (dr.josephgau*******)
to avoid monitoring from my respective company here.

Joseph Gauter

Thanks so much for your message to me, I am a US army working with the united nations and spend most of my time on special assignment to different countries. I lost my parents at a very tender age in a car accident and i was taken to an orphanage home where i grew up and enrolled in the united states army and trained in operations. I am in charge of the special marine force, Right now, I am on 7 weeks assignment in Republic of Afghanistan on peace keeping mission. It is not easy here in Afghanistan due to so many killings by the terrorist coalition force

My work is to train the soldiers and pass security signals so i am always very busy and most of the times we go on hide out to raid the terrorist of Afghanistan and there are blood sheds always because the Terrorist attack on us. I hope to resign from the Job sometime and have a peaceful work and have a good life. I hope to meet with you someday so that we can know each other very well and get more familiar. I hope we can do some good things someday in our life. So can you tell me more about you and your work and family. Tell me more... i have attached my pictures so that you can know me very well any time we meet, Good Friends are the footprints we share in our life and i know you are one coz i feel it through your message. I have attached my pic so that you can know me very well and be able to recognize me anytime we meet in life. I took it in my office at the base. I am single at this time and hope to settle down soon when i am out of Afghanistan. I will also appreciate if you can send me your pic too so as to know you very well.

Republic of Afghanistan is a very dangerous country at this time because of the terrorist coalition attack there so keep praying for me my dear because i believe that any one's life will be filled with strength and happiness if his friend keeps remembering and praying for him in his struggle of life. Remember that true friendship is like sound health and Wherever we are, it is our friends that make our world. I believe we can make the best of our world.

I am at the base now and i have to compile some reports now and pass security signal so i wish you a nice day while i am expecting your message and pic soon.

Greetings from Afghanistan

There must be something unique to this site that places its URL on the "Nigerian" type of scams. I get one every so often but the majority of spam consists of (1) "people" want to meet me, (2) pills so I can make my partner "happy", (3) "award" coupons from well known retailers.

Our email address is available on this site. We get Spam email from everywhere. Most of it it the same old thing .... "We have deposited $XXXX million in an account ...." bla, bla, bla. or "Hi I'm Darlene and you would be very happy to be my friend."

I enjoy the ones that say they "liked my profile" but never tell me where said alleged profile is posted.

I have recently started getting an explosion of spam emails, sometimes hundreds a day. In my case I believe the culprit is IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base,) as most of them contain a misunderstood version of my name (they crossed my name with part of my email address) that as far as I know appears nowhere else.

I contacted them about this and got a corporate CYA answer that they never ever ever share this type of data. Yeah, right.

I have recently started getting an explosion of spam emails, sometimes hundreds a day. In my case I believe the culprit is IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base,) as most of them contain a misunderstood version of my name (they crossed my name with part of my email address) that as far as I know appears nowhere else.

I contacted them about this and got a corporate CYA answer that they never ever ever share this type of data. Yeah, right.

They likely don't share the data but if (as I must presume based on your wording) something that appears on a public website can be "harvested" by robots trawling those sites. Spammers/scammers routinely employ such technology to create their mailing lists ... unfortunately, they do not use the time saved by having a bot do that to learn how to spell or write with proper syntax ...

Back
Top Bottom