Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 453

Thread: Phone and email SPAM and SCAM alerts

  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioFan2J3 View Post
    The car warranty guy hung up on me when I told him the car involved was a 1914 Duesenberg.
    I use something similar when I get the call from the "Microsoft Help Desk" telling me that my Windows operating system has been compromised and they need access to my computer.

    I say "Boy, that's really something. Do you know that I have an Apple machine?" Then they hang up.
    Last edited by FreddyE1977; 05-08-2019 at 09:36 AM. Reason: fix line spacing

  2. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyE1977 View Post
    I use something similar when I get the call from the "Microsoft Help Desk" telling me that my Windows operating system has been compromised and they need access to my computer.

    I say "Boy, that's really something. Do you know that I have an Apple machine?" Then they hang up.
    If you really want to throw them off tell them you have Linux.

  3. #443
    Now I got one from an "Olga".

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyE1977 View Post
    I use something similar when I get the call from the "Microsoft Help Desk" telling me that my Windows operating system has been compromised and they need access to my computer.

    I say "Boy, that's really something. Do you know that I have an Apple machine?" Then they hang up.
    I have told them I have the Linux Operating System. Oddly enough I got the same reaction.
    No irony there.

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkie View Post
    I have told them I have the Linux Operating System. Oddly enough I got the same reaction.
    Next time, tell them you have an IBM 1620 or, better yet, an ENIAC.

    An old phone scam has resurfaced: the caller who hangs up after one ring. Calling back the number (on the caller ID) can result in exorbitant toll charges that are calculated by the minute. Reports have identified area code 222 (Mauritania) as a recent source of scam calls.
    Plugged into the electric radio

  6. #446
    I got one like that over the weekend that began with the code 229, which is Benin.

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Reed View Post
    Now I got one from an "Olga".
    We get them with a an auto message in Chinese. They have also sent faxes claiming that they have a client in America who is in need of assistance with various probate and real estate matters. LOL - complete with a deadline for anybody who wants their business.
    No irony there.

  8. #448
    I got a fake Amazon "Your account was flagged" e-mail. Actual "from" address: "[email protected] .bks-tuning.com"

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Reed View Post
    I got a fake Amazon "Your account was flagged" e-mail. Actual "from" address: "[email protected] .bks-tuning.com"
    Yep, I've ended up with this one in my inbox as well. There's also a PayPal version of this scam that shows up from time to time.

  10. #450
    Administrator frankberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midland, Michigan
    Posts
    2,794
    I get repeated emails on the RadioDiscussions account telling me to "click to unsubscribe from these emails." Sometimes 50 or more per day!

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123