• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phone and email SPAM and SCAM alerts

The car warranty guy hung up on me when I told him the car involved was a 1914 Duesenberg.

I use something similar when I get the call from the "Microsoft Help Desk" telling me that my Windows operating system has been compromised and they need access to my computer.

I say "Boy, that's really something. Do you know that I have an Apple machine?" Then they hang up.

Last edited:
I use something similar when I get the call from the "Microsoft Help Desk" telling me that my Windows operating system has been compromised and they need access to my computer.

I say "Boy, that's really something. Do you know that I have an Apple machine?" Then they hang up.

If you really want to throw them off tell them you have Linux.

I have told them I have the Linux Operating System. Oddly enough I got the same reaction.

I have told them I have the Linux Operating System. Oddly enough I got the same reaction.

Next time, tell them you have an IBM 1620 or, better yet, an ENIAC. :)

An old phone scam has resurfaced: the caller who hangs up after one ring. Calling back the number (on the caller ID) can result in exorbitant toll charges that are calculated by the minute. Reports have identified area code 222 (Mauritania) as a recent source of scam calls.

Now I got one from an "Olga".

We get them with a an auto message in Chinese. They have also sent faxes claiming that they have a client in America who is in need of assistance with various probate and real estate matters. LOL - complete with a deadline for anybody who wants their business.

I get repeated emails on the RadioDiscussions account telling me to "click to unsubscribe from these emails." Sometimes 50 or more per day!

Now, it's gotten where after someone wins a record high lottery, you get stuff like I did.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE A DONATION OF $5,000,000 FROM MAVIS WANCZYK JACKPOT WINNER POWER-BALL LOTTERY"

Ref: 475061725
CODE NO: GB8701/LPRC

Dear E-mail User,

I am delighted to inform you that I am Mavis Wanczyk 53, winner of the largest single lottery jackpot ever in the United States I want to change your life, and nine other lives too just as mine was changed by winning the Powerball jackpot lottery

Mind you, and this is not a regular circulation, IT IS NOT A HOAX OR A SCAM EMAIL IT IS REAL

http://ktla.com/2017/08/24/massachu...-prize-largest-single-jackpot-in-u-s-history/

You might ask how and why I selected you it was by random email selection from google and I got your email address myself I want to change your life too from my winning.

reply to me with your acceptance if you wish to accept my donation to you,

Thank you and Accept my congratulations once again!

Yours faithfully,
Mavis Wanczyk
POWERBALL JACKPOT WINNER

I just received a call from "the IRS." this is the message that the scammers left on my voicemail:

Intended to contact you in regards to a legal case filed against your name this is Officer Steve Parker from the Internal Revenue Service this call is officially a final notice from the I.R.S. the nature and the purpose of this call is to inform you that we have received legal petition notice concerning a tax fraud against you so before this matter goes to the Federal Claims court house or before you get arrested please call immediately on our department number 406705621 make sure you call us as soon as possible again this is Officer Steve Parker from the Internal Revenue Service.

Mrs Helen Douglas <[email protected]> Today at 4:32 AM
Message body

Greetings dear ,

How are you doing, I'm Mrs Helen Douglas. from American cancer patient. I
have something important i will like to share with you regard to my fund
have decided to donate through you to charities, widows, orphans and less
privileged ones. Kindly get back to me for more detail vie Email:
([email protected])

Thanks and Regards,

Mrs.Helen Douglas. (Mother Helen)

I've been getting enormous amounts of SPAM emails from mydns.jp.
I have set up my email system to respond to these emails by sending all of the data (html code and tracking information) to the "contact us" page of the mydns.jp website.
What can they do? I'm just returning the SPAM that they are sending me. :)

I'm glad that most of my spam automatically goes into my spam folder and not into my in box through Yahoo web mail..Delete the spam in the folder daily...

I have learned how some phone telemarketers operate and I just give the incoming call 4 seconds to say hello. If the caller delays in saying hello right away .I just hang up...Told all of my friends and relatives to say hello quickly or you will get a dial tone......

Another thing is if I hear the telemarketers audio cue bloop sound seconds after I pick up the receiver .Automatically just hang up.

I've been getting enormous amounts of SPAM emails from mydns.jp.
I have set up my email system to respond to these emails by sending all of the data (html code and tracking information) to the "contact us" page of the mydns.jp website.
What can they do? I'm just returning the SPAM that they are sending me. :)

Amazingly, this SPAM has stopped. I guess mydns.jp doesn't want to receive the crap that they are sending. Yesterday, I returned nearly 100 SPAM emails to them.

Mr. Michael Richard Pompeo <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Jul 4 at 9:10 AM

U.S Department of State 2201 C Street NW Washington, DC 20520.

Dear Beneficiary

Your ATM Visa Card will be shipped through Courier Express to your address. I am Mr. Michael Richard Pompeo, United States Secretary of State by profession. This is to inform you officially that after our investigations with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and other Security Agencies in the Country for the year 2017 and 2019, we discovered that you have not yet received your over due fund.

I have made it my first point of call since taking office to settle all Outstanding Payments accrued to Individuals or Corporations with respect to local and overseas contract payment, Debt Rescheduling and Outstanding Compensation payment.

This is to make sure all outstanding payments are settled beginning of this fiscal year 2019. On Behalf of the entire staff of the U.S. Department of State and the United Nations in collaboration with World Bank, we apologize for the delay of your contract payment, Winning or Inheritance funds from most of African Countries and all the inconveniences you encountered while pursuing this payment.

However, from the records of outstanding beneficiaries due for payment with the U.S Secretary of State, your name was discovered as next on the list of the outstanding payment who has not yet received their payments.

Note that from the record in my file, your outstanding contract payment is $5,5,000.00 USD (Five Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) loaded in an ATM Visa Card that allows you to make a daily maximum withdrawal limit of $5,000 Five Thousand Dollars) YOUR ATM PIN CODE (7250)

I have your file here in my office and it says that you are yet to receive your fund valued at $5.5.000.00 USD (Five Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars). This Fund will now be delivered to your designated address or your preferred payment option.

We have perfected all modules on how to bring this fund to your house without any problem, but be aware that United Nations and the United States Government has only authorized my office to release the Sum of $5.5.000.00 USD to you as true beneficiary of the Fund.

Note that your loaded ATM Visa Card will be mailed to you through Priority Mail Express (DHL) to your designated address immediately you admit full compliance to this email. Due to my busy schedules You are advised to kindly get in contact with our correspondent Mr. Fred White with the below details enclosed to help ensure safe mailing of your ATM Visa Card:

Your Full Name:
You’re Contact House Address:
Name of City of Residence:
Country of Residence:
Direct Mobile Telephone Number:
ID Card, DL or Passport Copy:
Age and Occupation:

Contact Mr. Fred White immediately by replying to this email or emailing the address below:

Name: Mr. Fred White
TELEPHONE: +1 (321) 724-9921
WhatsApp Number: +1 (321) 724-9921

He is obliged to treat your case with utmost urgency as soon as you contact him and fill out your correct details including all reachable phone numbers for him to get in touch with you via phone and email.

NOTE: Every documentation proof for your fund have been packaged and sealed to be mailed together with your Visa Card to your address. Therefore, the only obligation required of you by the laws of the Government of United States and the financial Monetary Policy of the Supreme Court, states that; you as a beneficiary must officially obtain the irrevocable LEGAL STAY OF PROCEED from the Supreme Court of USA, as a means to justify the legitimacy, transparency and clean bill of funds from USA so that by the time your funds gets to you, no authority will question the funds as it has been legally certified free from all financial Malpractices and facets. The LEGAL STAY OF PROCEED is valued at a cost of just ($150) please take note of that.

As soon as the above mentioned $150 is received, The LEGAL STAY OF PROCEED will be secured on your behalf immediately. I need all the compliance that I can get from you to ensure we get this project accomplished. Personally, I am very sorry for the delay you have gone through in the past years. Thanks for adhering to this instructions which are meant for your sole benefit, once again accept my congratulations in advance.

Thanks for your cooperation as your quick response to this email notice with adherence to the above instructions is highly anticipated.

Yours Sincerely,
Mr. Michael Richard Pompeo.

One would think Western Union would have their own domain for email:

WESTERNUNION OFFICE <[email protected]>

Aug 2 at 6:49 AM

Read carefully,

The International Monetary Fund IMF and the World Bank is compensating all the scam victims $10.5Million United State Dollars DASH, and your email address was found in the scam victim's list.This ATM card department office has been mandated by the IMF and the U.B.A Bank Benin Republic to transfer your compensation funds to you through an ATM CREDIT CARD to avoid any online fraud.

We hereby advice that you stop any further communication with any
other person(s) or office(s) to avoid any hitches in receiving of your
payment.

In-order to stop the internet fraudulent activities going on
internet today, the following agencies (ICPO-Interpol,
Euro-pol,FBI,Anti-Money Launder, Secret Service,EFCC, Australia
Westpac Banking Corporation has taking a measures to see that Fraud
activities going on in the internet in Africa including
fraudulent acts in the world Today are stopped and there is progress.

So we need your information as where we will be sending the ATM CARD,such as:

Full Name........................
City.............................
State............................
Zip Code.........................
Country..........................
Delivery Address.................
Personal Phone Number............
Weekly/Monthly Income............
Occupation........................
Attach Copy Of Your Identification..........................

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your payment files will be returned to the IMF within one week if we did not hear from you, this was the instruction given to us by the IMF.

Mr.Eric Sese
ATM Payment Department
ATM card International Plc.
Drect Office number:+13238970470

Back
Top Bottom