• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Programming Disputes Thread

At least in West Michigan it doesn't really matter because those that have AT&T U/DirecTV can watch ABC on WOTV as Nexstar and them agreed on a new deal a few months ago.

In the last week or so I've seen Facebook posts claiming that Comcast is planning to drop FETV (Family Entertainment Television).

I am a Comcast customer (Springfield, IL headend) and I've never heard of this channel nor have I seen listings for this station anywhere in our cable lineup and online. I don't think FETV is or has ever been carried by Comcast locally.

Cord Cutters News story:

Tegna in a dispute with Directv

This dispute affects KUSA, WUSA, KXTV, KPNX, KING, KGW, KHOU-TV, WFAA.
I thought that happened a month ago.

Update Universal Music Group is in a dispute with Tik Tok and some of the biggest stars on this label like Taylor Swift, Drake, Adele, Bad Bunny and Billie Ellish will not be on Tik Tok due to the dispute.

Universal Music Group, which represents artists including Taylor Swift, Drake, Adele, Bad Bunny and Billie Eilish, says that it will no longer allow its music on TikTok now that a licensing deal between the two parties has expired.

UMG said that it had not agreed to terms of a new deal with TikTok, and plans to stop licensing content from the artists it represents on the social media platform that is owned by ByteDance, as well as TikTok Music services.

The licensing agreement between UMG and TikTok is expired as of Wednesday.

Here is more on the Tik Tok and Universal Music Group dispute. Yes this is like what we see on the TV side but this time it's related to platforms contract to use content from the labels that's at play.

Here is the current status of the Tik Tok/ Universal Music dispute.

TikTok has begun removing Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) content from the video app as it failed to reach a new licensing agreement with the music label, the social media firm said on Tuesday.
TikTok has also started to mute videos on its platform that feature songs written by any songwriter signed on to UMPG, after removing the songs from Universal Music Group (UMG) (UMG.AS), opens new tab, as the licensing deal expired on Jan. 31.

The company is likely to remove all the UMPG content before the end of February considering the legality of the matter, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters. TikTok, however, has reached out to UMG and is still open to negotiate a new deal, the source added.

GREEDY TV STATION OWNERS CAUSING CABLE AND SATELLITE TO RAISE RATES ON CUSTOMERS TO WATCH LOCAL TV
"Must Carry" fees are all that is keeping local TV alive in most medium to smaller market. Where I am in the Palm Springs metro, over 50% of TV revenue comes from those fees. Without them, local TV would have to cut back its news coverage... with one of the country's worst newspapers, we'd lose the only regular and reliable local news sources.

WB owned channels are not on FuboTV.
Warner Bros. Discovery-owned channels have left the Fubo live streaming TV lineup after the two companies were unable to agree on terms.In total, 19 WBD-owned Discovery channels left virtual MVPD Fubo as of Tuesday evening, a Fubo spokesperson confirmed to StreamTV Insider, including Discovery, HGTV, Food Network and TLC, among others. In addition, Fubo was unable to secure license rights for WBD’s Turner sports networks including TNT, TBS and truTV.

Both parties released separate statements with some degree of finger pointing.

Fubo for its part claims that it offered WBD “market rates for its content,” saying “despite Fubo’s efforts to negotiate in good faith, Warner Brothers Discovery did not provide any counteroffer, and insisted on continuing to offer us above-market rates for its content.”

“Fubo views Warner Brothers Discovery’s refusal to engage in good faith negotiations as another example of its abuse of massive market power that ultimately limits consumer choice,” Fubo continued in a statement provided to StreamTV Insider.

Back
Top Bottom