• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Open House Party vs. Saturday Night Online: which is better?

tall_guy1

Star Participant
I greatly prefer SNO to OHP, as they tend to play fresher-sounding music, doesn't sound as "small town," and the host doesn't get so excited about playing dated music that a single caller calls in. Also, they misuse their "Gold Chamber" using mostly dated songs that are 6 mo. old, while SNO is more current-based and overall sounds better. Your thoughts?

I greatly prefer SNO to OHP, as they tend to play fresher-sounding music, doesn't sound as "small town," and the host doesn't get so excited about playing dated music that a single caller calls in. Also, they misuse their "Gold Chamber" using mostly dated songs that are 6 mo. old, while SNO is more current-based and overall sounds better. Your thoughts?

Open house party is still on ? I haven't heard that since the 80's. I always thought it was boring.

prefer OHP, can't see why so many stations are dropping it. I do wish they would play more gold from a few years ago in their Purple Chamber though.

Well me...since I live in Tampa Bay...neither...although I do like OHP a lot. It moved from i93 (now Hot 93.3) in Dallas to 103.7 KVIL (same area). I know why Tampa has neither of these shows. Because they both have commercials, and both HOT and FLZ don't like it. FLZ runs 2 hours commercial free at 8:30, so that's a no to them, they have their own remix from 7-12am anyways and HOT probably has 101 minutes commercial free during OHP or SNOL, but hey, there's always WiLD 94.1 but IDK if Beasley will do it...

It's actually called the "Purple Chamber of Gold". But I can see where you're coming from. Saturday Night Online to me isn't something that gets a party rolling as much. I'm the biggest OHP fan there is and I've been loyal since 2011 as I'm only 15. The show's been around since 1987 so it obviously isn't having any problems.

I'm not sure it's obvious to me that the show isn't having problems, but it's certainly still holding its own. If it weren't having problems of some sort, I don't think it would be losing outlets. One of my favorite outlets, KSYN/Joplin MO dropped the show for Saturday Night Online about a year ago, KORQ used to run it but doesn't anymore though not sure of its drop date, and several others ran the show but have dropped it over the years for local programming including WDAY-FM, WNHT, WFLY, WSPK, KJYO, and WAKS. All but the last two run local programming on Saturday nights now and WNHT morphed into Rhythmic CHR before flipping formats.

I don't listen to either Open House Party nor Saturday Night Online (now known as #MostRequestedLive). However, another show that involves requesting songs similar to the aforementioned shows is Club Kane. The main reason why I listen to that show is because of Kane's locality in my area as he does his weekday morning show on both Hot 99.5 and Z104.3.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom