• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Louie, Louie

vchimpanzee

Walk of Fame Participant
Mike Huckabee, in his final daily broadcast, said the man who sang this just died.

He said the producer wanted a "live" sound so he put the microphone so high the man had to yell to be heard. And that's why it sounded incomprehensible and dirty.

Mike Huckabee, in his final daily broadcast, said the man who sang this just died.

He said the producer wanted a "live" sound so he put the microphone so high the man had to yell to be heard. And that's why it sounded incomprehensible and dirty.

I'm told that Paul Revere & the Raiders' version was bigger in Portland but The Kingsmen shot nationally to the #2 spot because of all the controversy about the lyrics. The Singing Nun, who held down the top spot, had her own share of controversy later on. Incidentally, both versions were recorded in the same studio within a week of each other.

Last edited:
I'm told that Paul Revere & the Raiders' version was bigger in Portland but The Kingsmen shot nationally to the #2 spot because of all the controversy about the lyrics. The Singing Nun, who held down the top spot, had her own share of controversy later on. Incidentally, both versions were recorded in the same studio within a week of each other.
His name was Jack Ely. I believe he was the drummer for The Kingsmen.
Ironically, that drummer dropping his stick(s) elicited the only "obscenity" heard during the entire song!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom